VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll never accept this argument - more matches were ruined before VAR than they are now - fair enough if you recall it differently
the fucking point is they shouldn't be being ruined by VAR, it isn't meant to make a mistake like a ref can during a live split-second decision.

Now we have people manipulating decisions when it suits them, not the ones you mention that serve your purpose to mention but you can't or won't acknowledge the use of VAR as an aid to cheat like yesterday, Wolves cheated twice, blatantly cheated.

Also, Liverpool and manutd should have been ordered to put up the same technology as every other prem club, there should not be a two-tiered system of technology and especially not at those two grounds, grounds where the refs have been biased towards the home team for 30 years.

Whats the betting.... Before todays game that there will be a VAR controversy in it.

And before VAR how sure were we there would be a REF controversy? I suspect less.

Not so sure. Has happened before that after a high-profile VAR cock-up we were expecting another classic biased performance, only to see it be perfect. I suspect they will be on best behaviour tonight and we will all say how well the ref did .....

Also, City through or Chelsea thorough doesn't make much difference to the powers that be.

Let's see.

Not that turning it on or off as they want isn't a problem, of course.

In that case why aren’t fans boycotting ? Why are attendances at record levels in the PL
Viewing figures for Sky fell by an average of 14% last season and BT 2% despite the number of larger fan based clubs being in the top flight.

You need to stop perpetuating this myth.

Sky the broadcaster and Sky the bookmakers complicit you say?

Well I never....
Although, to be fair, they’re nothing to do with each other, whatsoever. Sky bet is owned by Paddy Power and Betfair owners Flutter Entertainment. They effectively took it on when they bought the Stars Group, the previous owners of Sky Bet who bought it from CVC Capital (Sky were then 20% stakeholders) in 2018.

Although, to be fair, they’re nothing to do with each other, whatsoever. Sky bet is owned by Paddy Power and Betfair owners Flutter Entertainment. They effectively took it on when they bought the Stars Group, the previous owners of Sky Bet who bought it from CVC Capital (Sky were then 20% stakeholders) in 2018.

Did not know that, thanks for the info.

Without VAR they can magically give penalty’s though - just point to the spot whenever a tussle from a corner or give a penalty when Salah decides to dive - as was happening pre VAR

I accept there is technical flaws and wrong decisions which will forever happen - I’m not convinced pure corruption solely to benefit Liverpool and Man Utd exists - I’m yet to be swayed despite the odd decision that goes there way - that’s not me being a wum by the way - just feel it would have to involve dozens and dozens of officials and one of them would openly spill the beans by now. All for corruption to be closely scrutinised by fans though
I think people forget the awful decisions that were being given prior to VAR. Take Newcastles goal last night, miles offside. VAR gets a lot more right than it gets wrong.

Been dredging this thread a bit but what's the verdict re Salah's offside decision/goal? Is this one of those unfathomable modern reinterpretations of offside where active and passive change when a defender hits it? I remember City scored one like this with Mings (?) as defender and it was something to do with passages of play.

Viewing figures for Sky fell by an average of 14% last season and BT 2% despite the number of larger fan based clubs being in the top flight.

You need to stop perpetuating this myth.
This could be down to easier access to fire sticks etc. i wouldnt dream of having a sky subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.