VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally different scenarios though, the Liverpool one was a cross aimed at Salah who was offside, it should not be then classed as a new passage of play when it arrives at him via a defenders header, he was the target and therefore offside.

From memory, a Villa player passed it to Mings Bernardo was behind him and then Mings fucked up and Bernardo stole the ball and was away but I am willing to be corrected on this.
Get what you're saying about the cross being right at Salah, that feels offside to me, at any rate.

City's was a pass forward from a city player, it was then controlled by Ming's and immediately robbed. However, I've just remembered, they subsequently changed the rules to stop this or something. I can't really fathom why Salah's counted.

So if Alvarez had gone onto score when the ball was still in play, would the penalty had also been given afterwards?

Having just watched MOTD, those of you with iPlayer scroll to 1:20:00 on the catch up replay. When the Wolves third goal goes in, the lino keeps his flag down and starts walking back to the halfway line as if a goal has been scored. Who tells him to stop and put his flag up and why?

It's on ITVX. You can just about see the linesman turn to make his way back to the half way line after the goal is scored. But it's barely perceptible. I'd like to see a clearer shot of the linesman's reaction to the goal.

This is almost incontrovertible evidence of corruption, and I'm by no means a conspiracy theorist.

What we have here is a linesman accepting that the goal was valid, then for some reason he then raises his flag for offside. There was no offside because the guy who took the corner was not active when the corner was headed into the air (although he was in an offside position), and he was onside when the ball was headed to him.

So, as @davealvers says, who told him to raise his flag, and why? The answer is Andy Madley. The linesman didn't think there was an offside and Madley tells him to raise his flag, as this clip shows.

This excuse about sticking with the on field decision is a lie, because the original decision by the linesman was not offside, but a goal.

Seven times I've served on a jury in a court of law, here in Manchester. If this evidence was placed before me, Madley would be absolutely bang to rights.

Get what you're saying about the cross being right at Salah, that feels offside to me, at any rate.

City's was a pass forward from a city player, it was then controlled by Ming's and immediately robbed. However, I've just remembered, they subsequently changed the rules to stop this or something. I can't really fathom why Salah's counted.
Ming's controlled the ball and then took a couple of touches and then was tackled whilst attempting a pass. Perfectly good goal. Desperate tackles, deflections, headers or clearances where it's only due to the offside player is where we need to draw the line here.

I was wondering the same
I don’t think such an incident has happened yet, but for me if play carries on whilst the check is going on, surely then the correctly awarded penalty also applies.

I hope it happens in a game. See what the outcome is.

So if Alvarez had gone onto score when the ball was still in play, would the penalty had also been given afterwards?
I'm at the match (unlike the spammer) ot looked a clear handball so why did it take so long to give it?
The argument that iit hadn't gone out of play is ludicrous. Var should be able to tell the useless fuck and it should ne awarded

I'm at the match (unlike the spammer) ot looked ackear handball so why dud utvtake do long to give it?
The argument that it hadn't gone out of play is ludicrous. Var should be able to tell the useless fuck and it should ne awarded
The referee was asked to check it. If we had scored, then advantage would have applied and we would have a goal instead of the penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.