VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so sure. Has happened before that after a high-profile VAR cock-up we were expecting another classic biased performance, only to see it be perfect. I suspect they will be on best behaviour tonight and we will all say how well the ref did .....

Also, City through or Chelsea thorough doesn't make much difference to the powers that be.

Let's see.

Not that turning it on or off as they want isn't a problem, of course.
Yeah, though I am not talking powers that be, just the point that VAR is more controversial than no VAR. and I am sure there were a catalogue of erros over a recent weekend with VAR, match after match in one w/e.

My bet is that there will be, in fact I'd go as far as saying there is one VAR controversy every 2 matches but thats just a feeling. Actually maybe its every 4 or 5 games.

Last edited:
There maybe the odd case over the years but if that was the case it would be on the PL/PGMOL/FA/FA off to ensure that said official is brought to book.

As we’ve seen time and time again, they are there the very next game.
I was talking about the heads at the top of PL/PGMOL/FA/FA, the referee and VAR officials are working under orders from them, do as you're told, or you will be work for the EFL or shipped off to China or India

Been dredging this thread a bit but what's the verdict re Salah's offside decision/goal? Is this one of those unfathomable modern reinterpretations of offside where active and passive change when a defender hits it? I remember City scored one like this with Mings (?) as defender and it was something to do with passages of play.
Totally different scenarios though, the Liverpool one was a cross aimed at Salah who was offside, it should not be then classed as a new passage of play when it arrives at him via a defenders header, he was the target and therefore offside.

From memory, a Villa player passed it to Mings Bernardo was behind him and then Mings fucked up and Bernardo stole the ball and was away but I am willing to be corrected on this.

Because the year pre VAR (the previous highest) there wasa season average of 38k per match for the prem... Last season it was 39k ...
However, Tottenham have increased capacity by 20k per home match and , Huddersfield, West Brom, Swansea and Watford have all been replaced by much bigger supported clubs in Aston Villa, Leeds, Nots Forest and Wolves.
The overall ground capacity has risen by 44k per week but attendance by less than 1k. Grounds are therefore less full with bigger supported clubs in the league..
Good work

This could be down to easier access to fire sticks etc. i wouldnt dream of having a sky subscription
Anyone paying for the utter trash that Sky has become must be mad A shadow of its former years but for the last 5 or so a complete box ticking shambles Fk them AND BT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.