VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do a lot of posting on this thread - how many games do you go to? You played 38 league games and 18 cup games last season so, 56 in total. So, how many home, how many away did you do? I’m guessing... none.

I’ve had a season ticket with my old man for over 30 years. Currently Bobby Moore upper.
Don’t do away games nowadays , stopped that about 4/5 years ago - been to most grounds in the country

The referee was asked to check it. If we had scored, then advantage would have applied and we would have a goal instead of the penalty.
@Paladin. Apologies for the shit typing, no glasses ! My point is, I saw Alverez running into the box and get the slightest of pushes before it goes out for a goal kick. The next minute the ref is trotting over to the monitor. Even me, the most biased Blue there is, is thinking no way that is a penalty. The thing is the match going fan is again left in the dark. I had to text my son who was watching on TV and he told me it was for a handball 2-3 minutes earlier. That is just stupid. Just tell us, show us on the screen like the armchair fans.

Put it to the fans. Then we’ll see which argument wins. What’s your thoughts? Fans will vote to have / keep VAR or fans say “No”, bin it.
Keep VAR, get rid of the useless feckers that are using it. Use it to it's full capability (like the World Cup offsides) and make it more transparent. Ensure that the match paying public know what's going on at all grounds where it's used.

Keep VAR, get rid of the useless feckers that are using it. Use it to it's full capability (like the World Cup offsides) and make it more transparent. Ensure that the match paying public know what's going on at all grounds where it's used.
This. The reluctance to embrace var or use it properly by certain clubs (and officials) speaks volumes of the lack of competence and integrity at the top of the game. Pgmol remind me of the wizard on the wizard of Oz - desperate to keep us from seeing behind the curtain.

The thing about today is that the ref was stood not 5 yards from the handball & missed it. He should not need VAR to bale him out.

And that is why we have VAR

Ref was stood 5 yards from Cresswell when ball smashed him in the face v Arsenal last week - the ref pointed to the spot

@Paladin. Apologies for the shit typing, no glasses ! My point is, I saw Alverez running into the box and get the slightest of pushes before it goes out for a goal kick. The next minute the ref is trotting over to the monitor. Even me, the most biased Blue there is, is thinking no way that is a penalty. The thing is the match going fan is again left in the dark. I had to text my son who was watching on TV and he told me it was for a handball 2-3 minutes earlier. That is just stupid. Just tell us, show us on the screen like the armchair fans.
My lad did the same. Used the word 'blatant' and that just added to the mystery! I thought it was for the couple of nudges Alvarez got!

Transparency is the key - but we all know they don't want that, as it would ruin their ability to "script" matches.
For a start, Liverpool v Wolves... no big screen at Klanfield and VAR blind-spots... how can this be allowed?
When they decided to implement VAR any ground without a large screen should have been made to add one, and all grounds in the PL should have been checked to make sure there were no "blind spots".
We should also be able to hear what the referee does and what he says - like the rugby... on a live televised match, like our today - any check with VAR, they should be able to show live feed of Stockley Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.