VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies - I read yours as they just rely on technology to give decisions nowadays- But that wasn’t your point.
It was my point.

They missed things in the past for whatever reason. They now have more camera angles than they can shake a stick at (except perhaps one or two grounds) and now they lean heavily on the technology; almost like they forgotten how to actually referee a game. He was looking directly at the handball today, and either it didn't register, or worse he ignored it in the hope that VAR missed it.

It was my point.

They missed things in the past for whatever reason. They now have more camera angles than they can shake a stick at (except perhaps one or two grounds) and now they lean heavily on the technology; almost like they forgotten how to actually referee a game. He was looking directly at the handball today, and either it didn't register, or worse he ignored it in the hope that VAR missed it.
They “forgot” how to referee a game a long time before VAR

Last edited:
It was my point.

Ah ok - well yes, I stand by my point - way before VAR these farcical decisions were made.

Personally I think refs have a very very tough job , on field play acting, the speed of the game - I’ve given the ref stick on here for mistaking the ball that hit Cresswells face as his hand - but in real time and his angle it may have looked handball and with opposition players and crowds appealing everything - refs don’t stand a chance

That’s why they need tech assistant help.

Or we just happily accept decisions forever like the handball today being missed

Today the ref either missed the handball or he left it the VAR on purpose. Still to me this is what the VAR should be about. To correct the obvious mistake.

The thing about today is that the ref was stood not 5 yards from the handball & missed it. He should not need VAR to bale him out.
In fairness, no city players appealed and, in the ground, none of the fans had a clue why there was a VAR check for a penalty. It was only when they put it on the big screen that anyone realised why.

I was in the East Stand tier 3 so i didnt see it and everyone round me didnt know what VAR was looking at till it came on the big screen possible handball.
Mates who were stood in south stand lower didnt see it too.
Must admit was pleasantly surprised to get the the pen given, cos even the City players were not getting excited about it and surrouding the ref.
It was so it was a half chance of a pen, seen it since at home was deffo a pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.