VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
First you debate with them, then you disagree with them, then you insult them before finally spamming the thread with shite.

I fully supported the implementation of VAR but had reservations of whether it could be used to further manipulate games. For me, those reservations have been realised.

Video technology has been used in the NFL for over 40 years and is still a constant source of controversy. It’s usage is forever being adjusted, amended and even spells of it being done away with altogether. And this is in a stop start game that much better suited to video interference.

Anybody who thought VAR was going to end controversy in football, clearly never gave it more than a few seconds thought.

I suppose it all comes down to whether you think the undoubted benefits outweighs the negatives.

I think a lot of people’s view that it is biased in favour of certain clubs is largely down to human nature. We naturally feel aggrieved and hard done by when something goes against us for a lot longer and with more passion than when we get a good break.

He thought it was offside. It’s very close! He doesn’t have the luxury of the stilled image.

He waited for the move to play out before making his decision known, it was checked and found to be incorrect, so the goal stood.

Where it was done incorrectly was the Cancelo goal at West Brom where the lineswoman flagged too early, but fortunately the ref let it play out and his goal was allowed to stand.
And there you go. Took a whole 4 days. Forrest match now, linesman no flag as guy was offside but he wasnt 100%, so no flag. Guy was at least a yard more forward than Alvarez was. But VAR picked it up, goal disallowed.

Funny how different it is officiated with us. We need VAR, without it we are much worse off!!

*edit - and another example in the Chelsea/Spuds match. Uncanny

Last edited:
Was about to start a new thread on the stupid linesman not putting up is flag for offside straightaway. But probably been discussed on here before.
How aggrieved would one be if our player or any player was on goal and was tackled and broke is leg or worse because of a late flag. Wtf was the pl thinking allowing this to happen?(on my 2nd bottle of Estrella Levante).

Was about to start a new thread on the stupid linesman not putting up is flag for offside straightaway. But probably been discussed on here before.
How aggrieved would one be if our player or any player was on goal and was tackled and broke is leg or worse because of a late flag. Wtf was the pl thinking allowing this to happen?(on my 2nd bottle of Estrella Levante).
Thats been said a lot and never happened over a few years. While loads of goals have been allowed which would have been disallowed without that instruction. Great decision

Thats been said a lot and never happened over a few years. While loads of goals have been allowed which would have been disallowed without that instruction. Great decision
Got to say it doesn’t sit right with me that this day and age and of course with VAR review that the linesmen can’t put his flag up straightaway and if there’s doubt VAR looks at it. But to delay the flag for a few seconds after seems a pointless exercise. Why did they decide to do this.

Howard Webb has got his job cut out this season to keep the rags up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.