VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep and the ref is looking right at it. How he didn't blow for that or the Havertz foul is, for a supposed top ref, incredible really. He robbed chelsea today.
If both of those decisions went against us, i'd be livid.
The Havertz “foul” for me was 50/50. It could have been called either way. The defender got the ball and then took out Havertz. Up until recently, it’d would never have been a foul.

It will be interesting to see if the game improves with the semi-automated offside technology being used in the CL from group stages onwards. It will also be used at the World Cup.
One of the aims is to cut offside decisions from an average of 70 seconds to an average of 25 seconds.

I think VAR could have recommended that he be sent off but not sure they can overturn the corner. Could be wrong though.
I didn't see the incident, but if the ball was live when the offence occurred then the game restarts as it would if the ref saw the incident. But only if it's the offences VAR looks at.
If a defender commits a foul in the area when playing it out for a corner then a penalty should be given. If the foul is outside the box then it's beyond the VAR remit and the corner is taken. If pulling the hair of an opponent is a red card offence then it should be looked at irrespective of where the offence occurs.

Thats been said a lot and never happened over a few years. While loads of goals have been allowed which would have been disallowed without that instruction. Great decision

I’m not particularly against the linesman keeping the flag down in tight offside calls where a shot at goal looks imminent but there was one on the Wolves goalie a couple of years ago where exactly that happened. I can’t remember how serious the injury was but it was enough for him to be stretchered off and substituted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.