VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn’t brought in to benefit anybody we all know that.

It has though been to the Scousers benefit because of “technical” problems at their shit-hole ground.
You and I know most don’t believe it has been brought in to benefit certain clubs specifically, but certain very active posters in this thread, for months, have been claiming most on here do believe it, hence the wording and posting of the poll.

Mate. Re-read that whole exchange. It was low 80’s or high 70’s prior (source dependent), it’s now 94% INCLUDING VAR. Which does anything but beg that question.
To be fair, I recall officiating accuracy being regularly reported as 90+% prior to VAR being implemented. Which would be expected, as they wouldn’t be reporting that about 1 out of every 5 decisions are incorrect, would they. Especially given they had been resisting implementing video review for decades after it had been used and continually refined elsewhere in the world.

It’s fairly common for past data points to be revised when an entity needs to provide proof of efficacy for a new policy. Happens all the time in non-sport industry. In fact, there’s an entire industry built up to support such endeavours.

I know, because I used to audit it. ;-)

44% of people are lunatics.

*44% of those that have responded. It’s probably not actually 44%, though.

not sure on commentary/studio reaction

I've had a look, most see it as he lost his footing and a unfortunate accident - also he apologises within seconds. others seem to think it was deliberate

they could review this but there is no way of proving he meant that deliberately

If a dipper player or his wife or kid was lying there he would not have stepped on their head, that is my defintion of what is on ourpose or not, he meant it

You could argue it's easier. The referee could make a marginal decision one way knowing full well it's the other way and VAR are stuck with the 'clear & obvious' get out. Same with Yellow Cards that should be Red - Ref gives it, VAR doesn't overturn it.

It's not only VAR decisions though. I've seen throw ins clearly come off opposing players and the ref/lino gives it the opposite way. You also have the disparity in applying the LOTG where opposition players can foul with impunity, yet ours are first foul yellow card. Then there is the application of the advantage rule and the ref blocking the passing lanes (as a particular referee used to do regularly with Spanish Dave). Then there is the subsequent stat padding towards the end of the game (booking a couple of opposition players for cheap fouls) to level things up when the match result sewn up. ALL theses things can affect the outcome of a game without VAR's intervention.

Just for clarity are you saying that in your opinion some referees have intentionally made a conscious effort to put themselves in a position between two City players for the express purpose of discouraging a pass from one to the other?

And right now, even with the shoddy nature of polls on here, it is reflecting that *most* people active in this thread (and who have voted) do not hold that belief.

Ive acknowledged there’s other factors for the conspiracy brigade, even still… 44% of posters do think VAR is solely bought in to benefit Liverpool and Man Utd - my original throw away claim wasn’t that far off

Ive acknowledged there’s other factors for the conspiracy brigade, even still… 44% of posters do think VAR is solely bought in to benefit Liverpool and Man Utd - my original throw away claim wasn’t that far off
Again, you only acknowledge them after I called you out on your original claim.

Then you posted an entirely fictious claim that I thought *no one* believed that VAR was brought in to benefit Liverpool and United. And have conveniently chosen not to respond to my rebuttal of that claim. That does look a lot like wumming.

You keep making false claims, being called out on them, then later acting as if you were right or that you never made them in the first place.

I think it is time we put this to bed, though, as the nonsense is taking over the thread.

Stop referring to the "conspiracy brigade"--as it is perilously close to wumming--and just continue to debate the merits of the topic.

This x ten
Again, the wording of the poll was purposeful.

Mad how their [red scum] fans think it’s biased towards City who’ve apparently paid VAR off isn’t it. The issue (problem?) with football fans is that it’s often so tribal that we end up with the worst case of myopia imaginable. Every manager thinks the ref did a bad job against their team (Klopp especially), every fan usually thinks similar, it’s normally disinterested 3rd parties that are more likely to have a neutral opinion but none of us are disinterested 3rd parties where City are concerned on here. So we end up with some going down the rabbit hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.