VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it some cup games have var and others dont ? Shirley it would be fairer for no games, regardless of if it is a prem team or not , to not have it used
That is a fair criticism and one that is in line with the standards of fair competition: all games within a competition should be officiated under the same rules and supporting system for adjudication.

Yes.

I've seen Taylor actually look over his shoulder in the direction of David Silva when he's had the ball at his feet (on numerous occasions), and then position himself between Silva and obvious forward pass. On one occasion Dave got so frustrated he smashed a pass STRAIGHT at Taylor who had to take evasive action.

And not just Alty either. Plenty of ref's do it if you keep an eye out for it.
I don't think it is deliberate. Referees patrol a certain diagonal path - normally, or possibly exclusively these days with their assistants running on right wings. It really isn't in their best interest to disrupt play. It would reflect in their assessments, marks, professionalism, and indeed could jeopardise their chances of being awarded prestigious games. They have to be somewhere on the pitch. Sometimes this means being in the way of the ball.

One of many lower league managers calling for VAR

I can see his perspective there, and VAR could help them in those situations.

I think pretty much everyone agrees (you and I included) on what we want VAR to be: a unbiased means to optimise officiating and ensure the most accurate and consistent decisions possible with a human-based adjudication system.

One of many lower league managers calling for VAR

Do incorrect red cards happen much in the lower leagues?

Otherwise he may change his mind the first time one of his goals is ruled out for an offside toenail........ :)

I would have thought it was pretty obvious whether you agree with it or not.

They want games using VAR where possible.
Which still contravenes the standards of fair competition—for the same reason Steve Cotterill is speaking about VAR in the lower leagues—hence why it is a legitimate concern.

Just because the reasoning may be obvious does not mean it is cogent, correct, or necessarily fair.

How is it some cup games have var and others dont ? Shirley it would be fairer for no games, regardless of if it is a prem team or not , to not have it used

Consistency of approach is the root of many of the issues , and yet the football authorities refuse to deal with it. That as well as a lack of transparency which is what supporters would like to see. Make the discussions between officials available to supporters !

Fudging the issue, making conflicting rules mid -season and generally creating more problems than they ever resolve.

Their motives are questionable and leads to supporter frustration in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.