VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why add subjectivity to a rule that was perfectly fine as it was. If you're offside, you're offside. Whether you're "interfering" or not. What was wrong with it? We love to fuck with things that are perfectly fine. Then they don't fix things that truly spoil the game like persistant time wasting, crowding round the ref and throw ins (i fucking hate throw ins).

When was interference not a consideration in judging if a player is offside?

14th January, 2023.
Too true.

Blimey Charlie, the so-called 'powers that be' in charge of the greatest game in the world have messed about with the laws of offside and handball so much these past few years that everyone's confused.

As for 'interference' under the offside law, though, there has always been the understanding, whatever iteration of offside may apply at any given time, that if a player goes for the ball the flag goes up.. except for when:

(a) it's against City
(b) it's at Old Trafford
(c) it's at Anfield
(d) especially if (b) and (c) apply to (a)

And that Arsenal goal at Villa was offside too..

Why add subjectivity to a rule that was perfectly fine as it was. If you're offside, you're offside. Whether you're "interfering" or not. What was wrong with it? We love to fuck with things that are perfectly fine. Then they don't fix things that truly spoil the game like persistant time wasting, crowding round the ref and throw ins (i fucking hate throw ins).
Well i was at Middlesboro when Tiatto scored that goal which was disgracefully disallowed due to Huckerbee being offside but not interfering…. So the old law was an ass….. Im not bitter tho ;)

Attachments

• 6F95D0B1-2554-4127-A61F-3547C746CEEB.jpeg
    6F95D0B1-2554-4127-A61F-3547C746CEEB.jpeg
    733.5 KB · Views: 46
Too true.

Blimey Charlie, the so-called 'powers that be' in charge of the greatest game in the world have messed about with the laws of offside and handball so much these past few years that everyone's confused.

As for 'interference' under the offside law, though, there has always been the understanding, whatever iteration of offside may apply at any given time, that if a player goes for the ball the flag goes up.. except for when:

(a) it's against City
(b) it's at Old Trafford
(c) it's at Anfield
(d) especially if (b) and (c) apply to (a)

And that Arsenal goal at Villa was offside too..
Rule 742 - "Fuck it it's Man City"

Clear and fucking obvious. How Var didn't give a clear handball I don't know, other than they bottled it or worse, corruption. If they bottled it, its corrupt just the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.