VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Partey get to the ball first, it looked to me as if he fouled Kev and didn't touch the ball?? But I admit I've only seen it once on tv
He didn't play the ball, but he probably could have - he goes past it to block Kev.

When Ramsdale parries the ball initially, both Kev and Partey are about ten yards away, so neither one has the ball. The only explanation for Oliver is that both ran to the ball, Partey got their first, and Kev ends up kicking him instead of the ball.

The catalogue of obvious poor decisions by Oliver last night was staggering- he basically did all he could to keep MardArsenal in the game - the non review of the penalty, the head lock on Grealish, the prof foul on half way line on KDB, the non sending off of Partey, the non booking when White intentionally kicked Dias twice in the corner etc etc. As a poster said earlier it’s a good job we are very very good and have players with intelligence and discipline- both key skills if you want to be very very good. The difference in the way we go about our business and the way Arsenal do is a perfect reflection of the manager of each club and the character and moral fibre of each club. Proud to be part of our club. CTID.

Because offsides are more black and white. And therefore shouldn't be open to interpretation.
But since the implementation of VAR, offside has still been subjective as it’s impossible to truly ascertain the exact split second the ball was played, the exact millimetre where a boot ends or the exact millimetre where an armpit ends.

For offside I’ve believed since it came in that there should be a cricket style ‘onfield decision’ for the embarrassing fingernail situations we regularly see.

He didn't play the ball, but he probably could have - he goes past it to block Kev.

When Ramsdale parries the ball initially, both Kev and Partey are about ten yards away, so neither one has the ball. The only explanation for Oliver is that both ran to the ball, Partey got their first, and Kev ends up kicking him instead of the ball.

Makes no movement toward to ball as you say, he just tries to block Kev. It's a pen all day.

Makes no movement toward to ball as you say, he just tries to block Kev. It's a pen all day.
If Oliver thinks he got himself between the ball and Kev before Kev reaches the ball, then it's not a pen. The first contact between them is Kev kicking Partey. The tangle after screams pen, but Kev doesn't have the ball so kicking Partey, even if unintentional is a foul.

I think it's arguable either way, but I'm not going to worry about it :)

I shall have to watch it again, I thought he he fouled Kev on first sight.

Its a 50/50 call. Any other time I have seen them given. But yes techincally that wasnt a penalty since Parteh didnt actually kick KDB.

What fucks me off is that is given 99% of the time.

Is the right answer. Partey got his foot in front of the ball first but didn’t touch it. Kevin had already started his shot and kicked Parteys outstretched foot. It looked like a foul on Kev but it wasn’t.

I was all for VAR at the start and am now totally against it until it is fair and transparent. It all started prior to inception where you could clearly see them trialling covertly in games, waiting for instructions over their headphones.

Prior, the referee could, and would impact on the game, now they have 2 levels which allows them twice the chance for possibly manipulating the game, and they seem to be doing just that thing.

Many have seen the brunt of this new method of officiating, but very rarely does it go against those that play in red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.