VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contrast the comments with the match report which does not mention the 2 potential game changing red card incidents. The BBC complicit in the cheating.

Edit. A small mention of the Fabinho tackle only at the end of the report.
The media being complicit is why after match interviews is not the Panacea some claim.
The media will choose which incidents to interrogate. Gives the media even more power in shaping the narrative and protecting the product.

Last edited:
They get slaughtered when they make decisions too quickly ( not looked at it properly) and now for taking too long. It took longer than normal because there were two separate potential offsides in the same move to consider.
If the communicated with the crowd/viewing audience it wouldn't be a problem.

I bet todays fabinho 'decision' was pgmol ensuring everyone gets a nice little end of year performance contract bonus. I suspect that call today will go down as correct by the referee after checking with the VAR team who agreed.

Stats for correct decisions by the ref goes up, pgmol can prove their refs deserve their bonuses because they get more calls correct.... Football suffers.

I would love to see how they are measured in their performance.

I've said for a while that the only way to get everybody onside (no pun intended) with VAR is to broadcast what the officials and the VAR team are saying verbatim... Then there is nothing hidden, we know what they say and we know (or hear at least) the justification for decisions... Then we can argue the toss when things are as blatant as us v the rags and today in the Brighton game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.