Venice

A fantastic place. I went in the off season when there are fewer people, less heat, and no smelly drains. St. Marks square was empty! Some of the smaller places such as Murano are worth a visit.

Get a private boat. They meet you at the airport and take you as close to your hotel as you can get. The boats are beautiful sleek wooden varnished jobs and are the perfect way to introduce you to this unique and stunningly beautiful city. If you intend to do Venice once then do this and thank me afterwards. Not cheap but great value in memories.

Get a private boat. They meet you at the airport and take you as close to your hotel as you can get. The boats are beautiful sleek wooden varnished jobs and are the perfect way to introduce you to this unique and stunningly beautiful city. If you intend to do Venice once then do this and thank me afterwards. Not cheap but great value in memories.

This.

We went in April and everyone recommended we do this. Yes, expensive but a brilliant way to arrive.

Has anyone been recently? If so what was the best option for getting from the airport to the centre. Cheers all. Tony.
Went four weeks ago.

Best transport option is a taxi from the airport. Cost us 40 euros. We were on the vaporetto chugging along to the centre of Venice less than an hour after landing.

The queue for the boats at the airport was like a scene from the fall of Saigon and they take too long to get to the city. Plus you'll have plenty of time to ride about on boats whilst you are there.

FWIW we had a great time and the city actually exceeded my expectations.

Always got the bus.No hassle.
I have stayed in Mestre the last few times so a lot easier to find your hotel.

100% agree with this just for the arrival.

Yes, that's what we did and it was a great way to arrive.

Went four weeks ago.

Best transport option is a taxi from the airport. Cost us 40 euros. We were on the vaporetto chugging along to the centre of Venice less than an hour after landing.

The queue for the boats at the airport was like a scene from the fall of Saigon and they take too long to get to the city. Plus you'll have plenty of time to ride about on boats whilst you are there.

FWIW we had a great time and the city actually exceeded my expectations.
I'd say the same re expectations and the water taxis are a great way to get around. The islands around the city are beautiful for a short hop and walk around. We even found a juventus supporters club amidst the back alleys.

I go every year.

First time I did the private boat.
Ridiculously expensive.

Second time I did the alilaguna water bus.
Cheaper, dead slow, can’t see a thing out of the windows.
Get tickets at the airport or here

Now I always take the ATVO bus direct from the airport to piazza Roma where you can then walk or get a Vaporetto water bus along the canal. It takes 20 minutes. They run about every 15 minutes.
You can buy your ATVO ticket at the airport or online here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.