Venice

Get a private boat. They meet you at the airport and take you as close to your hotel as you can get. The boats are beautiful sleek wooden varnished jobs and are the perfect way to introduce you to this unique and stunningly beautiful city. If you intend to do Venice once then do this and thank me afterwards. Not cheap but great value in memories.
Great idea. We have been three times and this is, by far, the best way. Also throw your map away. Getting lost in Venice is the best way to see the City - even at night. We always go November - still warm enough to sit outside and eat dinner.

I agree about when to go.
Always go in November and February.
And maps are useless!

I love visiting the churches in Venice.
My advice if doing museums,churches or art galleries plan well ahead and try to stick to it as best as possible.
You cannot beat a good meal and a couple of drinks after walking about all day in Venice.
Favourite Church.
Another must visit a few metres away.
An ice cream parlour near both a must visit as well.

Also if flying in to Venice make sure you have a window seat on the right hand side of the aircraft, much better views on the approach .

Also if flying in to Venice make sure you have a window seat on the right hand side of the aircraft, much better views on the approach .
Good shout - I was on the right but in the aisle seat. I saw enough to think that it was a spectacular view coming in. Must have been great for the person sat in the window seat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.