Vet Fees

Our cat got diagnosed with FPH which is feline progressive hystiosis a form of rare cancer and the prognosis we were told was not good at all after we took him to the vets with apuss filled eye. I thought he'd been scrapping cos he hates other cats in his garden. That was in 2016 and every time I took him for his booster I would mention it and they would quickly change the subject when I mentioned the £2000 in bills we'd paid for all the tests. Eventually one of them said they might have misdiagnosed it after I sneaked a look at his notes when she was out of the room. I went fucking mental and refused to leave until I got an apology in writing which they wouldn't do so I stayed for several hours telling everyone who came in what a bunch of robbing lying bastards they were
Shocking!

Anyone got a pooch with itchy ears?
Vet's just charged me 60 fuckin quid(plus other bits) for 1ml shot of Neptra ear drops for my Frenchie.
A quick Google search says I can get the exact same stuff for 16 quid a pop.
220 quid total bill for 24 mins.
At least dick Turpin wore a mask!
Rant over.
Mad isn’t it. Our cat stopped eating for 20 hours on the Fri/Sat of the bank holiday weekend, so thought we’d get her checked over.

Quick check, slap dash fur trim, blood test, ultrasound scan and anti-sickness injection. £400.

Yikes!
I've not read the while thread yet but are these fuckers regulated?
Yeah, they charge what they like. Most practices these days are bought by big firms that use the US healthcare model.

Pet insurance is a scam though too. I’ve never had it. Looked into getting it for our 15 year old cat and it was something like £70 a month and you still had to pay 25% of the Vet bills.

Yeah, they charge what they like. Most practices these days are bought by big firms that use the US healthcare model.

Pet insurance is a scam though too. I’ve never had it. Looked into getting it for our 15 year old cat and it was something like £70 a month and you still had to pay 25% of the Vet bills.
Well, I hope their demise is swift, along with estate agents,conveyancing solicitors, used car salesmen and ruSSian sympathisers!

A dog owner spoke to me in the park, yesterday, about the same vet that was the cause of my original post. Her dog was unwell, very, and has a discharge from her vagina. The vet examined her and advised an immediate spaying at a cost of £1,500 which the owner didn't have. She went home and on advice rang the PDSA. She was upset and, luckily, the PDSA asked her to take her dog. They performed a full scan and diagnosed a water infection, sending her away with some medication. The dog is now fine.

Anyone struggling with vet cost should take a look at this place in Bolton town centre. Had nothing but great reports about them.

Had a family member who said these were an absolute pisstake. They took a pet at 5.55 who had hurt himself jumping, and the dog wasn't able to be examined, but the lady in triage apparently offered anti inflammatory. They then went to pay and were charged £200 because it was past 6pm so therefore out of hours.

I'd have told them to fuckoff and not pay it. Really is worth having insurance with a dog because vets really do bleed you dry.

Anyone got a pooch with itchy ears?
Vet's just charged me 60 fuckin quid(plus other bits) for 1ml shot of Neptra ear drops for my Frenchie.
A quick Google search says I can get the exact same stuff for 16 quid a pop.
220 quid total bill for 24 mins.
At least dick Turpin wore a mask!
Rant over.
Took our cockatoo pup on Sunday morning for a itchy smelly ear. It wasn’t quite the infection we thought it was thankfully. We paid £85 quid for a 15ml bottle of canuaral. Less than a tenner on amazon. I hate having pets but I hate vets even more.

Had a family member who said these were an absolute pisstake. They took a pet at 5.55 who had hurt himself jumping, and the dog wasn't able to be examined, but the lady in triage apparently offered anti inflammatory. They then went to pay and were charged £200 because it was past 6pm so therefore out of hours.

I'd have told them to fuckoff and not pay it. Really is worth having insurance with a dog because vets really do bleed you dry
My dog is spay incontinent (caused by the vet) and she's now on medication for life, propalin. Vets want 60 quid a bottle. I can get a prescription for 8 quid and order 4 bottles for the same price. The vets are a legalized robbery.
Better sticking a tenner under your bed a week

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.