Vet Fees

Just took my cat to the vet.

She had an abscess.

A 10 minute examination, 10 days of tablets, 2 tablets twice a day, and a small bottle of liquid pain killer, 50mls once a day, £135.

I appreciate a vets worth. And I will never let my cats suffer in pain. But come on, £135 for that.

I’m going get pet insurance for all my cats asap.

Last edited:
Just took my cat to the vet.

She had an abscess.

A 10 minute examination, 10 days of tablets, 2 tablets twice a day, and a small bottle of liquid pain killer, 50mls once a day, £135.

A appreciate a vets worth. And I will never let my cats suffer in pain. But come on, £135 for that.

I’m going get pet insurance for all my cats asap.
Insurance doesn’t help that much. You still have to pay quite a lot.

Our 17 year old cat has arthritis and she needs an injection of Solensia once a month. £117 a month plus a repeat prescription costing £23 every 4 months.

Managed to source the drug cheaper online, so got the monthly cost down to £64, including the injection charge.

With insurance, it would have been pretty much the same, but she wouldn’t have been eligible as it was an existing condition by the time we looked at insurance.

It’s a fucking scam that plays on your heart strings and empties your wallet.

Insurance doesn’t help that much. You still have to pay quite a lot.

Our 17 year old cat has arthritis and she needs an injection of Solensia once a month. £117 a month plus a repeat prescription costing £23 every 4 months.

Managed to source the drug cheaper online, so got the monthly cost down to £64, including the injection charge.

With insurance, it would have been pretty much the same, but she wouldn’t have been eligible as it was an existing condition by the time we looked at insurance.

It’s a fucking scam that plays on your heart strings and empties your wallet.

There wasn’t a breakdown of the bill. Just a receipt.

I feared that. But I’ll still look into insuring my cats. Even if I claw some money back from the insurance company. With 4 cats who are all getting on, it could be very costly in a few years time.

As you say, people will pay what they have to so their pets don’t suffer in pain.

There wasn’t a breakdown of the bill. Just a receipt.

I feared that. But I’ll still look into insuring my cats. Even if I claw some money back from the insurance company. With 4 cats who are all getting on, it could be very costly in a few years time.

As you say, people will pay what they have to so their pets don’t suffer in pain.
Good luck. Hopefully you can get a multi pet discount.

Thanks.

I post an update if I find a good insurance pet plan.
I found one that was about £15 a month for our 17 year old with an excess of £250, but would cover costs between £250 and £1000.

I toyed with that as it could save us just short of £600 if something else crops up.

I’ve only ever been to the vets with her a handful of times in her lifetime, so have probably saved hugely in not having insurance.

As and when we get another pet, I think we’ll put aside the insurance money each month into a separate account so that if a cost comes in, we’d have a slush fund.

Ours has arthritis in her spine and suffers from skin condition so has 2 lots of meds daily. Once every 4-6 weeks has cyst on side of her head drained. They say they would only operate as a last resort due to location. Last 4 visits average £110 a month

Ours has arthritis in her spine and suffers from skin condition so has 2 lots of meds daily. Once every 4-6 weeks has cyst on side of her head drained. They say they would only operate as a last resort due to location. Last 4 visits average £110 a month
Have they tried Solensia? Is mad stuff that seems to be sorting out our cat’s arthritis. It’s a kind of vaccine that creates antibodies that join onto the cat’s nerves that turn off all pain being felt.

Our dog has just had her teeth cleaned. She had to go to sleep whilst they did it. £485!!! Insurance don’t cover teeth by all accounts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.