Vet Fees

The price of fees is criminal as it's so emotive. You can't say no.

It's also putting me off getting another dog. Which is a real shame for those animals that need rescuing.

Pet plan insurance were however excellent in my experience over 2 dogs in the last 25 years.

My wonderful little Sheepdog & best mate Titch was attacked & badly wounded by next doors dog in her own garden in March this year, I took her straight to the local vets at around 9.30 am & left her there so the vets could sedate her to see what was wrong, by the time I got home (around 10.30am) the vet was on the phone to say there was nothing they could do & the only sensible option was to put Titch to sleep,
I went to collect her body so I could bury her in the garden around 12am & the vet handed me a bill for £850,
I got the Cretin next door who owned the dog that attacked Titch to pay the bill, but £850? what the fu#k is that all about?

I would LOVE to pay our insurance money to the PDSA and do it all through them. No such thing seem to exist though. I absolutely despise the prices our vets charge for simple stuff.

We £20 pm for our two dogs.

My wonderful little Sheepdog & best mate Titch was attacked & badly wounded by next doors dog in her own garden in March this year, I took her straight to the local vets at around 9.30 am & left her there so the vets could sedate her to see what was wrong, by the time I got home (around 10.30am) the vet was on the phone to say there was nothing they could do & the only sensible option was to put Titch to sleep,
I went to collect her body so I could bury her in the garden around 12am & the vet handed me a bill for £850,
I got the Cretin next door who owned the dog that attacked Titch to pay the bill, but £850? what the fu#k is that all about?
I would have struggled not to beat fuck out of the neighbour and then take him in to the vets for treatment

My sister has just paid £5k fir her cats broken leg, she has 5 and a dog, insurance would cost a fortune a month so now she puts away about £60 a month to cover any bills, unfortunately this is not one but the vets do 0% over the year because they have so many cases if people with no insurance now!
Incidentally we moved from our “conglomerate “ vet to an independent one, an example of price difference at the tip off one £90 fir booster £50 at the independent.

I would have struggled not to beat fuck out of the neighbour and then take him in to the vets for treatment
Dont worry I really dont know how I didnt kill the Fuc#er!
We have lived next door to the Cretins for around 25 years & just treated them as upper class Cretins, they have had dogs before ie Labs & Spaniels with no problems but during lockdown they decided to get a huge Fuc#ing dog from Romania which was obviously not right in the head & they never had control over it,
After the attack they thought they could just move on like nothing happened but after a hell of a lot work on my part I managed to get the Police involved (the local MP was really helpful) & the dog is now gone & the Cretins next door have the house on the market (I lost the plot one day & went mental with the cretins next door but somehow managed to stop myself hitting the twat),
Anyway sorry for the ramble but how can a vet charge £850 for not much more than 2 hours work? its a real shame because when we are ready (not Yet) to get another dog its always in the back of your mind what its going to cost if you need to visit the vets.

Hope she’s as comfortable and active as possible.
Thanks, yea she's doing great. Proper idiot but she's great. She lived in burnt out house for roughly 18 months after owners died in fire. No one knew her name so rescue called her Phoenix and had a guess she was about 10. She also suffers from stress and anxiety so pulls her fur out in clumps

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.