Vet Fees

Thanks, yea she's doing great. Proper idiot but she's great. She lived in burnt out house for roughly 18 months after owners died in fire. No one knew her name so rescue called her Phoenix and had a guess she was about 10. She also suffers from stress and anxiety so pulls her fur out in clumps
Some life that.

Reactions: ob
Ah, the only place where they tell you to put your loved one to sleep then charge you 200 quid for the pleasure

Fuck the lot of them.

Just got myself a Labrador puppy, any advice on best insurance about?

Does he really need it?
Put 50 quid a month away(if affordable),stay lucky,fuck the absolute disgraceful charges a vet does if possible.
I needed a repeat prescription for my Frenchie,I buy the tablets from Animed online.
Robbing **** vet said they needed to review my dogs health before issuing the required piece of paper.
That will be 100 pound please muggins.
Fuck the vets,and the orcs too!

Insurance doesn’t help that much. You still have to pay quite a lot.

Our 17 year old cat has arthritis and she needs an injection of Solensia once a month. £117 a month plus a repeat prescription costing £23 every 4 months.

Managed to source the drug cheaper online, so got the monthly cost down to £64, including the injection charge.

With insurance, it would have been pretty much the same, but she wouldn’t have been eligible as it was an existing condition by the time we looked at insurance.

It’s a fucking scam that plays on your heart strings and empties your wallet.
Insurance does help.
Our cat came in with an injured leg. Went to the vet who referred him to the Animal Hospital in Stockport to have an operation. Total cost for the consultations at the vet and the hospital, operation and drugs was almost £3,000. Insurance will pay £2,000 so it’s costing me nearly a grand but I’m counting myself lucky that I had the policy which was only two months in and £5 a month.

Dont worry I really dont know how I didnt kill the Fuc#er!
We have lived next door to the Cretins for around 25 years & just treated them as upper class Cretins, they have had dogs before ie Labs & Spaniels with no problems but during lockdown they decided to get a huge Fuc#ing dog from Romania which was obviously not right in the head & they never had control over it,
After the attack they thought they could just move on like nothing happened but after a hell of a lot work on my part I managed to get the Police involved (the local MP was really helpful) & the dog is now gone & the Cretins next door have the house on the market (I lost the plot one day & went mental with the cretins next door but somehow managed to stop myself hitting the twat),
Anyway sorry for the ramble but how can a vet charge £850 for not much more than 2 hours work? its a real shame because when we are ready (not Yet) to get another dog its always in the back of your mind what its going to cost if you need to visit the vets.
Well done, mate. Both for your restraint and actually managing to get some action taken.
£850 is unbelievable. I guess you asked them how the hell they could justify that.
My late dog was diabetic. I bought cheaper insulin online yet the vet wanted £19 for a repeat prescription every 6 bottles....
Then I went mad with the insulin supplier when they raised the price overnight from £140 to £195....
I was like, how the hell do you justify that... And don't tell me COVID or your factory is in Ukraine....
It's not like it's a luxury item. It's a necessity.
I said some old lady is going to have to have her cat put down because she can't afford it.... just profiteering

Insurance does help.
Our cat came in with an injured leg. Went to the vet who referred him to the Animal Hospital in Stockport to have an operation. Total cost for the consultations at the vet and the hospital, operation and drugs was almost £3,000. Insurance will pay £2,000 so it’s costing me nearly a grand but I’m counting myself lucky that I had the policy which was only two months in and £5 a month.
It’s a new situation for me as fees were much lower when we got our cat in 2007.

We’ve been unbelievably lucky too in that she’s only had one tooth having to come out and a few minor things here and there, so insurance wouldn’t have paid off for us. It’s part of the gamble though.

I remember in 2006, when my previous cat died, she had an ultrasound, blood tests, consultation, diagnosis and euthanasia for £180. Times change!

It’s a new situation for me as fees were much lower when we got our cat in 2007.

We’ve been unbelievably lucky too in that she’s only had one tooth having to come out and a few minor things here and there, so insurance wouldn’t have paid off for us. It’s part of the gamble though.

I remember in 2006, when my previous cat died, she had an ultrasound, blood tests, consultation, diagnosis and euthanasia for £180. Times change!
I’d never had insurance before either and have paid the odd couple of hundred quid over the years when necessary. This policy has an excess of £150 so it only really covers significant costs. Guess that’s why it’s only a fiver a month.

I’d never had insurance before either and have paid the odd couple of hundred quid over the years when necessary. This policy has an excess of £150 so it only really covers significant costs. Guess that’s why it’s only a fiver a month.
It’ll definitely be looked into as and when we get our next cat.

I assume there’s a kind of no claims bonus as well?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.