Vet Fees

Well done, mate. Both for your restraint and actually managing to get some action taken.
£850 is unbelievable. I guess you asked them how the hell they could justify that.
My late dog was diabetic. I bought cheaper insulin online yet the vet wanted £19 for a repeat prescription every 6 bottles....
Then I went mad with the insulin supplier when they raised the price overnight from £140 to £195....
I was like, how the hell do you justify that... And don't tell me COVID or your factory is in Ukraine....
It's not like it's a luxury item. It's a necessity.
I said some old lady is going to have to have her cat put down because she can't afford it.... just profiteering
To be honest I had just lost my best mate & I was really struggling to cope so the amount on the vets bill didnt really sink in until later, but as you say it just seems to be about the money,
I dont begrudge anyone making a good living for the work they do but surely being a vet should first & foremost be about caring for animals rather than trying to make as much money as possible out of the pet owners?

Put 50 quid a month away(if affordable),stay lucky,fuck the absolute disgraceful charges a vet does if possible.
I needed a repeat prescription for my Frenchie,I buy the tablets from Animed online.
Robbing **** vet said they needed to review my dogs health before issuing the required piece of paper.
That will be 100 pound please muggins.
Fuck the vets,and the orcs too!
Thanks for the heads up

We got our rescue dog from Greece 6 years ago, he was about 4 years old then, been on the streets and had no medical history which meant insurance quotes were out of our price bracket. Touch wood he’s been pretty much issue free but, like most people, I’m not sure how we’d cope financially with a serious illness. It seems to be a self perpetuating cycle: people get pet insurance, vets take the opportunity to raise their fees so more people take out pet insurance and so …

The vets are extorting you because they are run by mainly American conglomerates, it’s all down to been sued, many independent vets couldn’t afford litigation if anything went wrong so many sold out to these big companies. The prices are like a reflection of what it would be like without the nhs for us. Someone was on about insulin prices, in the USA they’ve had to come to an agreement to get the price down to $350! My wife is type 1 can you imagine trying to pay for that if you didn’t have insurance, people in in USA were going without food to afford insulin. Vets if they know you have insurance will charge more as well hence the prices then go up for insurance, all fucking greedy companies praying on your love for your animals.
I’ve debated getting a second spaniel from a rescue, people are dumping them when it’s obvious they can’t afford it anymore, it’s heartbreaking there are so many especially breeders (twats). If you do adopt one with medical issues you’ll never get insurance anyway.

We got our rescue dog from Greece 6 years ago, he was about 4 years old then, been on the streets and had no medical history which meant insurance quotes were out of our price bracket. Touch wood he’s been pretty much issue free but, like most people, I’m not sure how we’d cope financially with a serious illness. It seems to be a self perpetuating cycle: people get pet insurance, vets take the opportunity to raise their fees so more people take out pet insurance and so …
Genuine question as I am interested in why did you get a rescue dog from Greece, were there no rescue dogs near you, was it cheaper, how did you go about it, as I say its a genuine enquiry, please dont take my question the wrong way & I have no doubt you love your dog and care for it really well.

Genuine question as I am interested in why did you get a rescue dog from Greece, were there no rescue dogs near you, was it cheaper, how did you go about it, as I say its a genuine enquiry, please dont take my question the wrong way & I have no doubt you love your dog and care for it really well.
We looked at quite a few places, from South Wales to Staffordshire and of course Dogs Trust in Denton. The ones further afield made it impossible to visit regularly and build a relationship. Locally the dogs that were available seemed to fit into one or two breeds. Rightly or wrongly we got the impression that the most desirable breeds were never available and maybe went to people who were known.
Through an acquaintance we heard of a couple in Didsbury (Nancy is from Thessaloniki) who bring dogs over to England. They make sure they know the dogs before they leave and make sure they know the owners before they accept them. It was £350 I think, Zikos was their 32nd rescue and from the minute we met him and he sat on my feet I was smitten. I think the process is more complicated now than it was, Covid and a strange attitude from the Greek government don’t help.IMG_1999.jpeg

Got our renewal from pet plan for our two cats, gone up from 65 quid to 92, their reason was the technical advancement of treatment was therefore costing more. I told them not very politely that not only were the vets ripping off their customers they were taking the piss out of the insurance companies too. We will do as someone else said put 50 or sixty quid away a month and if nothing happens as it hasn’t so far we’re on a winner. Disgraceful from the industry as a whole

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.