Vet Fees

The vets are extorting you because they are run by mainly American conglomerates, it’s all down to been sued, many independent vets couldn’t afford litigation if anything went wrong so many sold out to these big companies. The prices are like a reflection of what it would be like without the nhs for us. Someone was on about insulin prices, in the USA they’ve had to come to an agreement to get the price down to $350! My wife is type 1 can you imagine trying to pay for that if you didn’t have insurance, people in in USA were going without food to afford insulin. Vets if they know you have insurance will charge more as well hence the prices then go up for insurance, all fucking greedy companies praying on your love for your animals.
I’ve debated getting a second spaniel from a rescue, people are dumping them when it’s obvious they can’t afford it anymore, it’s heartbreaking there are so many especially breeders (twats). If you do adopt one with medical issues you’ll never get insurance anyway.
We needed a laxative for our cat and the vet prescribed a tiny bottle for £15. I asked if it was the same stuff they use for humans and she said she wasn’t sure so I produced the bottle that my wife had been given for her constipation with her MS and surprise surprise it is exactly the same. Went to the doctor and got a 500ml bottle prescription

We looked at quite a few places, from South Wales to Staffordshire and of course Dogs Trust in Denton. The ones further afield made it impossible to visit regularly and build a relationship. Locally the dogs that were available seemed to fit into one or two breeds. Rightly or wrongly we got the impression that the most desirable breeds were never available and maybe went to people who were known.
Through an acquaintance we heard of a couple in Didsbury (Nancy is from Thessaloniki) who bring dogs over to England. They make sure they know the dogs before they leave and make sure they know the owners before they accept them. It was £350 I think, Zikos was their 32nd rescue and from the minute we met him and he sat on my feet I was smitten. I think the process is more complicated now than it was, Covid and a strange attitude from the Greek government don’t help.View attachment 128860
Thanks for the reply, it makes perfect sense when explained properly & importantly when the people involved know what they are doing,
Sadly as you may have read above my neighbours got a totally unsuitable dog from Romania which went on to kill my dog so obviously this has caused me to ask questions but your story sounds like a good one & its good of you to reply (A lot of people seem to get aggressive when I ask the same questions) I am Pleased its worked out well for you, all the best.

We needed a laxative for our cat and the vet prescribed a tiny bottle for £15. I asked if it was the same stuff they use for humans and she said she wasn’t sure so I produced the bottle that my wife had been given for her constipation with her MS and surprise surprise it is exactly the same. Went to the doctor and got a 500ml bottle prescription
So you used the nhs to get something for your cat! Or you couldve looked online a bought some you tight git ;)

Thanks for the reply, it makes perfect sense when explained properly & importantly when the people involved know what they are doing,
Sadly as you may have read above my neighbours got a totally unsuitable dog from Romania which went on to kill my dog so obviously this has caused me to ask questions but your story sounds like a good one & its good of you to reply (A lot of people seem to get aggressive when I ask the same questions) I am Pleased its worked out well for you, all the best.
Strangely, when we went to meet Zikos we were looking after a neighbours Westie. Dear old Ralphie was 15 and deaf as a post. When he died his owners got a rescue from Romania and they’ve had lots of issues with aggressive behaviour. Fair play to them, they’ve stuck with her (which I’m not sure I could have, she’s bitten several times) and they’ve found a way to manage the situation as best possible.

Strangely, when we went to meet Zikos we were looking after a neighbours Westie. Dear old Ralphie was 15 and deaf as a post. When he died his owners got a rescue from Romania and they’ve had lots of issues with aggressive behaviour. Fair play to them, they’ve stuck with her (which I’m not sure I could have, she’s bitten several times) and they’ve found a way to manage the situation as best possible.
Thats interesting, Sadly my neighbours are Cretins so when they got a totally unsuitable dog it was only going to end badly :-(

Merlin needs a tooth out £524 , insurance say dental wise is a grey area and only covers injury or accidents, getting the tooth xrayed, included in above amount and if it is broken as if his bit something and caused injury to the tooth then she said i could put a claim in but she wasnt hopeful. If it has been caused by injury then they should cover it i said , who knows

Meanwhile merlin is living the dream on the painkillers, lol

Merlin needs a tooth out £524 , insurance say dental wise is a grey area and only covers injury or accidents, getting the tooth xrayed, included in above amount and if it is broken as if his bit something and caused injury to the tooth then she said i could put a claim in but she wasnt hopeful. If it has been caused by injury then they should cover it i said , who knows

Meanwhile merlin is living the dream on the painkillers, lol
£524 for a cats tooth removal? my old mum had one out last month which cost around £200 & I thought that was a rip off.

£524 for a cats tooth removal? my old mum had one out last month which cost around £200 & I thought that was a rip off.
Xrays and cleaning the rest of his teeth but vet says the rest of his teeth are fine and general anaestetic , i got a decent discount for being in their healthy pets club as well . Vets are racking it in

Xrays and cleaning the rest of his teeth but vet says the rest of his teeth are fine and general anaestetic , i got a decent discount for being in their healthy pets club as well . Vets are racking it in
Well over £500 & you are getting a discount That just seems bonkers to me?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.