Vicente Matias Vuoso

Skashion said:
I'm sure he played in a pre-season friendly against Preston at Deepdale. We won about 4-0, 4-1, 5-1, something like that.
We won in straight sets?

it's a strange one because Club America have signed him back again from Santos Laguna after he didn't do very well in his first spell there.

to be fair overall he hasn't done badly in his career, 114 goals in 311 games and 4 in 9 for Mexico, but he's only really scored lots of goals for Santos Laguna.

I know the main guy from the insurance company who used to underwrite a lot of football transfers around this time, they were involved in this transfer and refused to underwrite it as they were sure this Vuoso was not the same as the one registered oversees (Uruguay was it) his details didnt stack up, eg the one they saw was 2 inches smaller than the player the insurers thought were auditing!

V dodgy, he cost a bomb (at the tim) as well and all on the back off him being Forlans best mate. Worst signing in history.. and Vuoso is the second worst ;-)

gio's side step said:
Saw him play the first half in a pre season friendly for us against Bury at Gigg Lane and gathered after 5 minutes he was shit

The following are the worst strikers I have seen at City in the past 20 years, in no particular order

Creaney,
Conlon,
Bob Taylor,
Rob Taylor,
Shutt,
Corradi,
Samaras,
Vuoso (from the first half against Bury)
Caicedo
Vassell
Sibierski

I liked Corradi, I just dont' think we had the players to play his style of football. When he first came he used to try all these neat little flicks and one-two's. Unfortunatley Vass was never aware to them and he just gave up after a while!

What about Bianchi? I lked this kid to but he never adapted to the lifestyle...

-- Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:51 pm --

Meant to say that in Goaters book, he's got a little bit about Vouso, he says (if memory serves me) Keegan refused to play him until he had learnt enough English... I guess the kid struggled with the lingo!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.