Vicky Kloss

So you're agreeing that we get lots of negative coverage, say that nothing can be done about it yet call people paranoid for highlighting negative media.

And then make out theres some sort of link between highlighting negative media and supporting the club, staff and players.

Really strange post.

Not particularly strange to be honest.

Vicky and the team are clearly trying their best but will never please everyone as the media will write what they want. That's a basic fact. It can be negative but show me a fan base that thinks they get positive coverage.

I don't think we do as badly as most make out, but hey ho.

I also don't see the point in sarcastic posts that criticise her and the job she does. I'm sure Khaldoon would've given her the boot by now if they disagreed with her strategy.

Hmm, no I didn't miss the point. If you read what I said again, you'll notice I said we get negative press because of the money side.

Anyway, your way of thinking may be what's flawed. Just because we 'give them what they want' doesn't mean they won't bite the hand that feeds them. They can still, and will, sensationalise a quote from our manager, players, etc, and pretty much turn it into how they want punters to read it.

Why give them anything? I can quite easily handle negative press about attendances. Water off a duck's back.

Everybody thinks that they get more negative press than the rest, that's a fact. So I'm not sure that it's worthwhile using it as an argument that 'other clubs don't get anywhere near the negative slant that we do'.

And if we do, it's like I said, nobody wants to see 'oil rich City' do well because we didn't 'earn' it. That's unfortunately the way we are seen by most fans nowadays, and probably will be for another 5-10 years. That's not our fault and the only way that will pass is through time and more trophies.
I agree with this, our club is dealing with a pro rag media which automatically means it's anti City. Our management are playing the long game, it will be a while yet before the media come on board, we will have to win the CL before that happens. In the mean time our club is playing it the right way.

Quite defeatist when I hear... we have a rag press, they write want they want, we are swimming against the tide, it's the long game, media team is doing their best, we have no control over stories, the sheik wants a low media profile, it's all about consumer clicks, the only interest the public have with city are negative stories, it will all go away when we win something like the CL, Vicky and the team are nice bunch of people who would buy you a pint, we can do nothing about this, ignore it and it will go away... Well I say we can do something different and we need a media guru game changer in our club. If we think we have lost the media then get people in who can make a difference. As the club grows commercially then our back office needs to grow some balls and try doing something different. It's far too easy to blame bad publicity on everybody else. All us fans wish for is fair reporting and commentary that does not mock city as well as articles that are more than just citd and local community projects being pushed down editors throats...

Last edited:
Quite defeatist when I hear... we have a rag press, they write want they want, we are swimming against the tide, it's the long game, media team is doing their best, we have no control over stories, the sheik wants a low media profile, it's all about consumer clicks, the only interest the public have with city are negative stories, it will all go away when we win something like the CL, Vicky and the team are nice bunch of people who would buy you a pint, we can do nothing about this, ignore it and it will go away... Well I say we can do something different and we need a media guru game changer in our club. If we think we have lost the media then get people in who can make a difference. As the club grows commercially then our back office needs to grow some balls and try doing something different. It's far too easy to blame bad publicity on everybody else. All us fans wish for is fair reporting and commentary that does not mock city as well as articles that are more than just citd and local community projects being pushed down editors throats...

I agree 100 % but I just don't see this happening.

One of the main strengths of our fabulous owners is that their actions speak a thousand times louder than their words.

These guys are amongst the most important investors on this planet and they plan for the long term.

It can be bloody frustrating for us guys at the coal face to see our club rubbished and ridiculed but we need to follow suit with the Al Nahyans and let it blow over.

Sheikh Mansour is playing a beautiful game.

It is definitely the long game and is obviously the policy of the club. A club that desires success but always allied with respect. Things are changing gradually and will continue to and I guarantee when permanent success arrives, as it will. the media, all aspects of it, will be falling over themselves to get a piece of Manchester City. I don't post that often but I do know Vicky and her team are fully aware of what you all think and are addressing it. Have you noticed a certain ex player has cut down the nasty snide remarks about us recently I wonder who sorted him out, well I do know but mum's the word. Enjoy the ride fellow blues it may be a long one but when you reach the summit, as we will, the view from the top is beautiful.

It is definitely the long game and is obviously the policy of the club. A club that desires success but always allied with respect. Things are changing gradually and will continue to and I guarantee when permanent success arrives, as it will. the media, all aspects of it, will be falling over themselves to get a piece of Manchester City. I don't post that often but I do know Vicky and her team are fully aware of what you all think and are addressing it. Have you noticed a certain ex player has cut down the nasty snide remarks about us recently I wonder who sorted him out, well I do know but mum's the word. Enjoy the ride fellow blues it may be a long one but when you reach the summit, as we will, the view from the top is beautiful.
You should post more often.

If you know Vicky personally then just ask her directly to make a smudge of difference and say this can be done in a respectful manner. It's like lip service to the bullied kid when it is said, the taunts will all go away when you get older but, the damage is done and to be frank, patronising to many fans to say, just wait another 8 years for the long game.

I am one of a few that think the media team is currently weak and patronising for a club of this stature. We have moved on a great deal since the takeover but, our media treatment has not. It's time for a change. Vicky just do it and game change...

If you know Vicky personally then just ask her directly to make a smudge of difference and say this can be done in a respectful manner. It's like lip service to the bullied kid when it is said, the taunts will all go away when you get older but, the damage is done and to be frank, patronising to many fans to say, just wait another 8 years for the long game.

I am one of a few that think the media team is currently weak and patronising for a club of this stature. We have moved on a great deal since the takeover but, our media treatment has not. It's time for a change. Vicky just do it and game change...
I know waiting on the long game can be so frustrating, I think I know as much as many having been going to see City since 1952 and still going with my three lads at 72 but I do hope before I do one we will see City elevated to the highest level in football circles along with Barcelona and Real Madrid but we need to win the Champions League to do that and we will, In the meantime Vicky and co are carrying out company policy and in my opinion doing it very well, slowly slowly catchy monkey is the name of the game. I don't post too often as I have received abuse in the past and at my age I find that very upsetting. I enjoy reading your posts and being part of you all and that is usually enough for me but I felt I must defend Vicky and her team that is all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.