Vieira appointed New York City FC head coach

Whenever I've watched MLS the standard has been of about division 1 level, and that is being generous in some cases. If Vieira had been appointed say Coventry manager I dont think their fans or the wider British public would have been outraged or that it was a bad choice. As has been mentioned Pat was linked to Newcastle in the summer.

Who do they think they should be getting as a manager??
Look, I hope he is successful. But I can't say this was a great choice for NYCFC. Even though everyone ignores the obvious, but there really isn't any proof that Viera is or will be a good Manager. None. That said, while the MLS may be akin to the Championship, I am not so certain Viera's value to Coventry is similar to his value to NYCfc.

For example Viera would have been a great choice for Newcastle, not necessarily because of his coaching ability (which we still don't know much about) but rather because ofvgis connection and Status.

Newcastle is a team that invests and scouts heavily in the French league. Having a French legend as manager would have increased Newcastle's chances of landing top French players to help them compete. Not to mention his name would have made other players who watched and idolized him, wanna come play for him too.
The confluence of these other none coaching factors would have likely played a larger role in his success, and if he is a decent coach, probably make him look great.

None of those factors are in play in the MLS. Its an insular league that caters to mostly young North Americans and aging ExEuropean league Stars.
He will not be any more influential acquiring the aging stars ( as they generally pick the best money and City to go too and have nothing to proof). Young up and coming French stars are not interested in the MLS nor would the presence of Viera convince them otherwise. And the young North American players are not generally as in awe of the likes of Viera. Defensive Midfielders are generally not that exciting.

And while they'll appreciate is accomplishments as a player, this says absolutely nothing about his coaching.

Delighted to hear about Patricks Appointment! So excited for next years MLS season already!

Any NYCFC fans complainin can just do one, they not a clue in my opinion and think the MLS is the best in the world fs!

Success will be delivered in the end, be it Patrick or someone else, then the bitchin will stop!
!

Made me laugh the irony of some of the posts on this thread slagging NYCFC fans
Regardless of the fact we've got our fair share of dicks on here (myself included in some posters lists of dicks no doubt) there's no hiding the fact that their forum is filled with City hating, small minded, big ego'd nutjobs.
He's got a hell of a job on winning them over.

Look, I hope he is successful. But I can't say this was a great choice for NYCFC. Even though everyone ignores the obvious, but there really isn't any proof that Viera is or will be a good Manager. None. That said, while the MLS may be akin to the Championship, I am not so certain Viera's value to Coventry is similar to his value to NYCfc.

For example Viera would have been a great choice for Newcastle, not necessarily because of his coaching ability (which we still don't know much about) but rather because ofvgis connection and Status.

Newcastle is a team that invests and scouts heavily in the French league. Having a French legend as manager would have increased Newcastle's chances of landing top French players to help them compete. Not to mention his name would have made other players who watched and idolized him, wanna come play for him too.
The confluence of these other none coaching factors would have likely played a larger role in his success, and if he is a decent coach, probably make him look great.

None of those factors are in play in the MLS. Its an insular league that caters to mostly young North Americans and aging ExEuropean league Stars.
He will not be any more influential acquiring the aging stars ( as they generally pick the best money and City to go too and have nothing to proof). Young up and coming French stars are not interested in the MLS nor would the presence of Viera convince them otherwise. And the young North American players are not generally as in awe of the likes of Viera. Defensive Midfielders are generally not that exciting.

And while they'll appreciate is accomplishments as a player, this says absolutely nothing about his coaching.

So they want an American to manage them then?

Good luck. The most important part is who will take over the EDS side.

Can't imagine his assistant won't be someone with MLS experience, as that's obviously something Vieira lacks
Viera doesn't just lack MLS experience, he lacks coaching experience at senior level period. And that is why some think this a poor choice.

Regardless of the fact we've got our fair share of dicks on here (myself included in some posters lists of dicks no doubt) there's no hiding the fact that their forum is filled with City hating, small minded, big ego'd nutjobs.
He's got a hell of a job on winning them over.

Don't read many other fans forums but it appears there are many nut jobs in America judging from the Miami Dolphins forum

sorry, was that answer in the spirit of Wilcox with its unnecessary abuse? if so, get what you mean...

or it could just be you and your mate...
Well if you feel bullied, singled out and mistreated - then yes. If not I failed in my Wilcox-spirited post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.