Vieira appointed New York City FC head coach

They didn't look organised or consistent on Saturday when he took two forwards off at 2-0 and put a 15 year old who's 5ft tall as the lone striker... (They drew the game 2-2).
So that's where Pellegrini got that from. Maybe it's a new philosophy at the club to not have a proper striker on the pitch!

Amazing appointment for NYCFC, just a shame that their fans are fuckwits.

I believe if it wasn't for Paddy, and Vinnie at half time in our FA Cup semi against United, we may not have seen the 2nd half performance we did.

I now follow Melbourne City quite closely in the A League, and now with Paddys appointment I will follow NYC a bit more closely too.

I think it's a fantastic move for NY, they have one of the most exciting young managers in the world in my opinion and he has done wonders with our EDS. I have no doubt that he will take a few of the EDS on loan next season too, which is another great move.

To any lurking NYCFC fans that are being negative on this appointment, you really do not know how lucky you are to be getting a man of this experience. I'm a little down he has gone, but I also understand the thinking behind it.

He has no coaching Pedigree. And they are right to think it's a bad choice. Personally, I think he will be immensely successful. But that's coz I'm partial.

But generally speaking, NYCFC fans are not enthused by being the testing ground for MCFC's projects. And I agree they NYCfc shouldn't be run asuch.

I mean, City fans generally pontificate about the suitability of players who play in other leagues visavis those who play here. Hence the once silly argument about "Messi" and "a cold February night at the Britannia" (I.E being 'Prem proven'). Similarly, one can make the same spurious argument about being 'MLS proven' better yet 'Coaching proven'.

That some think of the hiring as poor, doesn't lack merit. Whether it eventually would prove to be, is unknown.

It is a fact that he has very little experience coaching at the senior level, and even less coaching in the States.

So yeah, I can see the argument for not liking the choice, even if I think he will be a good coach.

Whenever I've watched MLS the standard has been of about division 1 level, and that is being generous in some cases. If Vieira had been appointed say Coventry manager I dont think their fans or the wider British public would have been outraged or that it was a bad choice. As has been mentioned Pat was linked to Newcastle in the summer.

Who do they think they should be getting as a manager??

He has no coaching Pedigree. And they are right to think it's a bad choice. Personally, I think he will be immensely successful. But that's coz I'm partial.

But generally speaking, NYCFC fans are not enthused by being the testing ground for MCFC's projects. And I agree they NYCfc shouldn't be run asuch.

I mean, City fans generally pontificate about the suitability of players who play in other leagues visavis those who play here. Hence the once silly argument about "Messi" and "a cold February night at the Britannia" (I.E being 'Prem proven'). Similarly, one can make the same spurious argument about being 'MLS proven' better yet 'Coaching proven'.

That some think of the hiring as poor, doesn't lack merit. Whether it eventually would prove to be, is unknown.

It is a fact that he has very little experience coaching at the senior level, and even less coaching in the States.

So yeah, I can see the argument for not liking the choice, even if I think he will be a good coach.
The thing is, they are part of the CFG and the most important club in that is Manchester City. Surely every single one of us, City fans and New Yorkers, even Melburnians too, would expect that there would be projects run at the smaller clubs to aid the big brother. Surely?! They are not their own club, they just aren't. They are part of a wider group and the sooner they get that in their heads the better off they'll be.

Our owner (singular) probably had nothing to do with any of this. He's far too busy and important to be running the day-to-day of the CFG. The hiring and firing of people at manager level will be done further down the pecking order than the Sheikh. The only people he will have anything to do with the hiring and firing of is the CEO and Chairman.

Correction, management but initial point still applies.

I really hope Wilcox is kept away from the EDS team. Horrible man, the majority of the young players don't like him. Viera leaving could see a few of our EDS players out the door as well unfortunately.

Quite a good move for Viera though.

That's a first. I thought Wilcox was well liked? Where have you heard that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.