Vieira appointed New York City FC head coach

I'm very close to one of the key players in the academy. The stories I've been told about him have done more than enough to ingrain my view of him being a huge cockwomble.

The same player said everyone loved Viera and respected him as a World Cup winner.

maybe your mate in the academy just doesn't like the manager ? has something personal gainst him ? the youth team under jason wilcox look miles better and are more organized then veiras teams have. He's a good manager, you dont have to be universally liked either to be a good manager.

I disagree. Firstly, him doing a bad job in New York doesn't mean he'd do a bad job here. It's a new team in the 2nd season of it's existence in an established league. No manager in the world would be guaranteed success. One of the most successful managers in that league has just failed, so why would anyone else find it easy to win?

Secondly, if he was an assistant to Pep (or Guardiola if you prefer) during a period of success, he could learn from the top man, help integrate the youngsters he has coached, and there would be an easy continuity if he was to eventually take over.

Thirdly, he was doing an excellent job at the EDS, was an extremely popular member of the staff at City with both the established professionals, and the impressionable existing and potential future youth team players.

If he fails at NYCFC and gets sacked, we're losing a major asset from the club.

There is a strong chance neither Pep nor Guardiola will be gracing M11 any time soon. And, by the same token, a strong chance MP's contract will be extended. City will probably have a better idea than you or I about building any plans around Guardiola.

They are so far beyond cunts. They don't deserve the club Manchester City have given them.
The funny thing is, with Barcelona's successful work with Guardiola as a novice coach I wouldn't even mind if Vieira was our next coach...so why would they have such a problem with it?

I hear that Swansea approached City to ask if Vieira would be interested in speaking about the managers job. He's the sort of person Huw Jenkins goes for. I wonder if City have realised that it clubs are increasingly looking towards Paddy as potential boss and has decided to keep him in the fold and offer him a managers role

I don't understand why a lot of them are so worked up... Whats the worst that can happen, it's not like they can get relegated!
Because they haven't got a fucking clue about football other than what they are spoon fed.

They are mostly dippers, chavs or scum "fans".

Gun toting, mafia wannabe, pale shite light larger drinking bunch of cunts.

So they want an American to manage them then?
Not Necessarily. If The Bored hired say a successful coach from the Mexican, Argentine, or even say Dutch league. Ie some young guy who has shown Success and Unique ideas managing a Senior team, most would have thought it more acceptable.

Sure, there are some who want an MLS experienced coach. They are no different from fans here who prioritize being'prem proven'. But a majority would be more excited with a young experienced coach.

The clumsy (sorry) chosen ones out of work ?

Nope on Moyes. Post take over it has been hit and miss when appointing the EDS coach and if Wee Davy was appointed he would be in the miss category.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.