Vieira appointed New York City FC head coach

I can't see him going from EDS to MLS to Premier League/Champions League contenders.

Even if he "bosses it", so to speak, in the MLS I would imagine there may be another step in his development if he is to be groomed for our manager's position.

All the best to him out there, I don't doubt he will be a success. Plus it seems to annoy their fans so that's a bonus.

I think this as well. The MLS job will give Paddy an experiance of being a numero uno of a first team. An experiance of managing over inflated ego's etc etc. Currently, he manages a set up where results don't matter, developing players has been his remit.

He now has to deliver results in this job. In a league that is equivalent to lower championship splattered with a few stars.

Would we be happy at appointing say Kenny Jacket? Someone whos highest level of management is Wolves? We wouldn't.

I think he would come back to us as a number 2 to get some Champions league experiance before being allowed to take up the reigns on his own.

Good luck Paddy, I wish you nothing but the best.

The NYC fans who are whinging can go and fuck themselves. They've managed to develop the same sense of entitlement that took the rags and Arsenal a century to find.
They're an embarrassment to themselves and the CFG.

Not having a go at you mate, but what young experienced coach would want to work in the MLS?? Certainly no European ones, they need a reality check. Deluded.
Exactly. Then it need not be a European. There are many S.American and B. American coaches who would have been great choices.

I think all these talk about NYCFC fans being idiots is just the rising arrogance of City fandom.

It reeks of the same type of arrogant self entitlement that theRags embodied for years. The idea that whatever scrap anyone else can get is good enough for them. It's a bit disheartening to read to be fair.

There is a legitimate argument to be had here on whether the hire was good or bad. On the side of ' it is a good hire' lies Paddy's wealth of playing experience and the aura of his clout; however on the 'its a bad hire' side you have legitimate arguments of ' lack of senior coaching experiece', limited to no knowledge of the MLS' E.t.c.

Both sides have legitimate points. So for anyone to boil this down to ' those fans are cunts' smacks of rag like tendency. Which frankly is a byproduct of success. Fans of successful teams tebd to become this way. So its no surprise we are becoming that too. But its still sad to see.

Good luck Paddy, I wish you nothing but the best.

The NYC fans who are whinging can go and fuck themselves. They've managed to develop the same sense of entitlement that took the rags and Arsenal a century to find.
They're an embarrassment to themselves and the CFG.
I'll put that down to half of the NYCFC forum being rags and Gooners.

Good luck Patrick.

Lose for city this but it was always going to happen at some stage and it's good he's staying in the family.

I'd like to see us hire another iconic figure to take over. Who that is I don't know!

If he can't do a good job at NY then we are doing ourselves a favour finding out now instead of your plan to let him instead do a bad job here in three years time. If he can't do the job in NYC then we aren't losing a huge asset from the club, we are finding out his real worth.

No room on this forum for sense Big Oscar, you should know that :-)

I'm glad this is highlighting what I always thought.... I couldn't give a fuck about NYCfuckinghowmanylettersFC, melbourneskippybarbiesheilaFC or any other accounting ruse, it serves one function, getting the melting pot of kids we possess first hand experience, they'll either sink or swim.... Sure we can glam it up a little with over the hill superstars but the message is the same...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.