Vieira appointed New York City FC head coach

They are so far beyond cunts. They don't deserve the club Manchester City have given them.

Actually Manchester City didn't give them anything. It was CFG. The fact is there was a few people after the NYCFC franchise. Ferrano Soriano was the person who pushed for a US franchise. If CFG hadn't done it, someone else would have.

Personally I don't get the sense of entitlement from either side of the pond.

Name Nationality Age Club From Played in MLS
Vacant Chicago Fire
Gregg Berhalter
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States 42 Columbus Crew 2014 2009 — 2011
Pablo Mastroeni
United States 39 Colorado Rapids 2014 1998 — 2013
Óscar Pareja
23px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png
Colombia 47 FC Dallas 2014 1998 — 2005
Ben Olsen
United States 38 D.C. United 2010 1998 — 2009
Dominic Kinnear
United States 48 San Jose Earthquakes 2014 1996 — 2000
Bruce Arena
United States 64 Los Angeles Galaxy 2008 N/A
Mauro Biello
23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
Canada 43 Montreal Impact 2015 N/A
Jay Heaps
United States 39 New England Revolution 2011 1999 — 2009
Jesse Marsch
United States 42 New York Red Bulls 2015 1996 — 2009
Caleb Porter
United States 40 Portland Timbers 2013 1998 — 2000
Jeff Cassar
United States 41 Real Salt Lake 2014 1996–2001; 2003–2006
Owen Coyle
23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png
Scotland 49 Houston Dynamo 2015 N/A
Sigi Schmid
United States 62 Seattle Sounders FC 2009 N/A
Peter Vermes
United States 48 Sporting Kansas City 2009 1996 — 2002
Greg Vanney
United States 41 Toronto FC 2014 1996–2001; 2005–2008
Carl Robinson
23px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png
Wales 39 Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2014 2007 — 2011
Jim Curtin
United States 36 Philadelphia Union 2014 2001-2009
Vacant New York City FC
Adrian Heath
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
England 54 Orlando City SC 2015 N/A

Nobody on that list is fit to lace Vieria's boots in footballing terms, he is on another footballing stratosphere to all of them.

Adrian Heath - world class.

Actually, most NYCFC fans are just NYCfc fans. Perhaps also Knicks, Giants and Yankee fans too. And even for those who are expatriate and fans of other clubs, I doubt that fact has much impact on whether they like or dislike this hire. The general consensus is that this hire wasn't done with a " what's best for NYCFC" in mind. Even folks here admit to that. So why is it so hard to see why NYC fans might not be impressed?

By the way I doubt NYCfc fans were hoping to get a WC coach. Most will argue a coach with MLS history will do. Better yet, some don't even see the point in firing Kries to start with.

Firing a coach after his first season with an expansion team that didn't get its international allotted players (partly due to MCFc getting bullish about holding on to Lampard) and slowing his opportunity to gel with his future teammates. It didn't make much sense during that coach after 1 season .
Then hiring Paddy just highlights that decision as one not being done with the best Interest of NYCfc in mind. And therein lies the problem. And why they are not happy.

Most coaches in the MLS have experience playing in it or joining it. These coaches may not have Paddy's playing Pedigree, but they clearly want to be there, and be successful there.

Say all you want, but Paddy doesn't want to be in the MLS. Funny enough neither does it seem the MLS wants him there. Not to mention his lack of experience.
I read their forum for a bit when they were first formed, and there were many saying they were United and Arsenal fans. Yanks tend to "support" a European club for some reason (I'm a rugby league and basketball fan but don't feel the need to have an NRL or NBA team to "support").

Actually, most NYCFC fans are just NYCfc fans. Perhaps also Knicks, Giants and Yankee fans too. And even for those who are expatriate and fans of other clubs, I doubt that fact has much impact on whether they like or dislike this hire. The general consensus is that this hire wasn't done with a " what's best for NYCFC" in mind. Even folks here admit to that. So why is it so hard to see why NYC fans might not be impressed?

By the way I doubt NYCfc fans were hoping to get a WC coach. Most will argue a coach with MLS history will do. Better yet, some don't even see the point in firing Kries to start with.

Firing a coach after his first season with an expansion team that didn't get its international allotted players (partly due to MCFc getting bullish about holding on to Lampard) and slowing his opportunity to gel with his future teammates. It didn't make much sense during that coach after 1 season .
Then hiring Paddy just highlights that decision as one not being done with the best Interest of NYCfc in mind. And therein lies the problem. And why they are not happy.

Most coaches in the MLS have experience playing in it or joining it. These coaches may not have Paddy's playing Pedigree, but they clearly want to be there, and be successful there.

Say all you want, but Paddy doesn't want to be in the MLS. Funny enough neither does it seem the MLS wants him there. Not to mention his lack of experience.
You've got no fucking idea of the validity of your last few lines. The fact that Paddy is over there suggests your view is wrong on at least one part. He's a big boy and can make his own choices. The thought that he's taken a job against his will is quite frankly laughable.

So you are saying all the NYC fans didnt like football before the team started up?? Of course they had an interest in football and followed a team prior to 10 months ago, and I would also suggest most followed a UK team like most US football fans do, I doubt many of them were fans of MCFC, the way they speak about the club I doubt it highly. The fact that your, sorry their, forum was littered with 'fans' who had never seen a NYC game as they hadnt played yet, but they were stating they were Arsenal, Liverpool and United fans is irrelevant is it?

The sacking of Kries is a separate issue to that of Vieira, they can argue about that all they want to about that. This is about Vieira and whether he is right for the job, like I said before the MLS is of division 1 standard, not even Championship and most clubs in Div 1 would be happy for an American of similar standing in world football to be their manager, except there arent many, if any, Americans with Vieira's profile, who has won just about everything the game has to offer.

Still bitter about Lampard are they? the fact that the player wanted to stay in one of the best leagues in the world had nothing to do with it, it was all big bad Manchester City's fault, the club that NYC wouldnt exist if it hadnt, it was their fault. Why would anybody in any profession want to move down many many levels when they have the chance not to. You are talking like the MLS has a world standing in football, it doesnt.

What experience of the MLS did Owen Coyle have? He did an OK job with Burnley but failed badly at Bolton in England or Adrian Heath other than a brief time in the lower leagues with Burnley but no MLS experience?

Where has Paddy said he doesnt want to be in the MLS, why has he gone there today if that is the case? Of course he wants to be there or he wouldnt have gone and he wants to be a success, completely laughable to say he doesnt want to be there before the ink is dry on the contract. Just because your fans have decided you are better than one of the giants of world football, dont push that as being reciprocated by Vieira.

I have no problem in positioning MCFC where I think they are in the world game, I didnt before the takeover and I dont now. There are bigger clubs (not many these days) and there is maybe 1 division better than the Premier League, that isnt arrogant, that is widely backed up by most sources, the fact that NYC is of less importance to CFG is just common sense, NYC fans should not only be happy about it they should be more grateful, you would exist without our owners. I think NYC are biting the hand that feeds them, they are completely ungrateful and think they are more important than they are in the world of football.

So you are saying all the NYC fans didnt like football before the team started up?? Of course they had an interest in football and followed a team prior to 10 months ago, and I would also suggest most followed a UK team like most US football fans do, I doubt many of them were fans of MCFC, the way they speak about the club I doubt it highly. The fact that your, sorry their, forum was littered with 'fans' who had never seen a NYC game as they hadnt played yet, but they were stating they were Arsenal, Liverpool and United fans is irrelevant is it?

The sacking of Kries is a separate issue to that of Vieira, they can argue about that all they want to about that. This is about Vieira and whether he is right for the job, like I said before the MLS is of division 1 standard, not even Championship and most clubs in Div 1 would be happy for an American of similar standing in world football to be their manager, except there arent many, if any, Americans with Vieira's profile, who has won just about everything the game has to offer.

Still bitter about Lampard are they? the fact that the player wanted to stay in one of the best leagues in the world had nothing to do with it, it was all big bad Manchester City's fault, the club that NYC wouldnt exist if it hadnt, it was their fault. Why would anybody in any profession want to move down many many levels when they have the chance not to. You are talking like the MLS has a world standing in football, it doesnt.

What experience of the MLS did Owen Coyle have? He did an OK job with Burnley but failed badly at Bolton in England or Adrian Heath other than a brief time in the lower leagues with Burnley but no MLS experience?

Where has Paddy said he doesnt want to be in the MLS, why has he gone there today if that is the case? Of course he wants to be there or he wouldnt have gone and he wants to be a success, completely laughable to say he doesnt want to be there before the ink is dry on the contract. Just because your fans have decided you are better than one of the giants of world football, dont push that as being reciprocated by Vieira.

I have no problem in positioning MCFC where I think they are in the world game, I didnt before the takeover and I dont now. There are bigger clubs (not many these days) and there is maybe 1 division better than the Premier League, that isnt arrogant, that is widely backed up by most sources, the fact that NYC is of less importance to CFG is just common sense, NYC fans should not only be happy about it they should be more grateful, you would exist without our owners. I think NYC are biting the hand that feeds them, they are completely ungrateful and think they are more important than they are in the world of football.

I go on their forum and it's clear most wanted Kries sacked. Also most comments I have seen are welcoming the appointment of PV.

Unfortunately certain people on this forum prefer to put negative quotes on here to try and ridicule them.

I go on their forum and it's clear most wanted Kries sacked. Also most comments I have seen are welcoming the appointment of PV.

Unfortunately certain people on this forum prefer to put negative quotes on here to try and ridicule them.

I stopped going on their forum because I was fed up of them slagging my football club off, before they had kicked a ball in anger.

I was just replying to what I had been told. Like I said the sacking of Kries is a separate issue to the appointment and I am only responding to someone coming on here saying Vieira isnt good enough and that NYC fans arent happy with it. I asked the question a few pages ago, who is good enough if Vieira isnt, didnt get any names just waffle about MLS experience being vital, like that is some sort of standard all football should aspire to. I think many people have moved to other leagues and had instant success, and that list of MLS managers is no who's who of football. Adrian fucking Heath, he will inspire US footballers but Patrick Vieira wont?? WTF??

I've read too much anti-city garbage from over privileged "life long" NYCFC fans to be happy with this, they wont appreciate what they are getting and therefore in my eyes they dont deserve him. I truly believe he was doing a lot of good for the City Academy and could have done with at least another year before stepping up to professional senior level(could have even been City manager some day).

The MLS wont help him if he wants to be a EPL manager, if he does have success they will woman and moan so he cant come back to City like they did with "their" loan players Facey and Angelino.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.