Vieira appointed New York City FC head coach

I stopped going on their forum because I was fed up of them slagging my football club off, before they had kicked a ball in anger.

I was just replying to what I had been told. Like I said the sacking of Kries is a separate issue to the appointment and I am only responding to someone coming on here saying Vieira isnt good enough and that NYC fans arent happy with it. I asked the question a few pages ago, who is good enough if Vieira isnt, didnt get any names just waffle about MLS experience being vital, like that is some sort of standard all football should aspire to. I think many people have moved to other leagues and had instant success, and that list of MLS managers is no who's who of football. Adrian fucking Heath, he will inspire US footballers but Patrick Vieira wont?? WTF??

Well a season under Kries has given them time to reflect lol

Seriously though, there has been a lot less friction than there was in those days. Of course you will have people commenting on there who hate us because of the EPL team they support. However, overall there has been much more positive since those early days.

It is a big gamble though, because the press over there will give them hell if PV fails!

Why are you and so many other people so damn negative about the CFG project and our sister clubs? I really don't understand!

These are OUR clubs! Man City own these clubs! I bloody love it how we have a City team in the MLS and in the A-League! We are taking over the world and will be the greatest franchise there is!

Least you can do is appreciate it a bit more!!!!

Might as well change our name to Manchester McCity.

Well a season under Kries has given them time to reflect lol

Seriously though, there has been a lot less friction than there was in those days. Of course you will have people commenting on there who hate us because of the EPL team they support. However, overall there has been much more positive since those early days.

It is a big gamble though, because the press over there will give them hell if PV fails!

I hope big Pat is a success, there will probably be more players going from MCFC to NYC on loan due to him knowing their strengths and the relationship he has with them, so it will be in both clubs interests that he is.

Lets cross the bridge of him coming back, when we get to it!!

Most coaches in the MLS have experience playing in it or joining it. These coaches may not have Paddy's playing Pedigree, but they clearly want to be there, and be successful there.

Say all you want, but Paddy doesn't want to be in the MLS. Funny enough neither does it seem the MLS wants him there. Not to mention his lack of experience.

What the fuck are you talking about? Surely, after today, Patrick Vieira has as much experience as anyone else of joining the MLS.

What does "neither does it seem the MLS wants him there" mean? Do you all vote as a collective in America? I didn't want Klopp to go to Liverpool because I think he'll make them better but I don't suppose a single scouser will give a flying fuck what I think.

NYCFC fans will either want him or they won't. If they don't then they are possibly the most deluded supporters in World football. Never mind Newcastle, if Liverpool had got the brush off from Klopp and gone for Vieira, I'm sure their fans would have been happy with him. If Dortmund had replaced Klopp in the summer with Vieira their fans would surely have recognised what a coup it was. If Paris St Germain appointed him, Juventus, Benfica or Ajax, their fans would be delighted.

New York City fans want a successful, young, experienced Dutch, Mexican or Argentinian coach though according to you. What you need to grasp though is that a promising coach from any of those countries would not take a step down to the MLS. Your league is currently on a par with Turkey and their clubs have almost a century of history more than your clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.