Vieira appointed New York City FC head coach

Defensive Midfielders are generally not that exciting.
Vieira was a box to box midfielder, far more than a defensive midfielder.

If a player can't be inspired by a man with an achievements list longer than your arm, is there any hope for them?

If his main drawback is a lack of experience in such a piss poor league, surely he's more than qualified?

I was under the impression that the CFG would help raise our profile globally, and help create new fans in countries where they have money to spend on both a domestic and premier league team's products. The success of this depends on the success of all the teams within the CFG, with the biggest potential for impact on our growth coming from NYCFC in America.
So every penny spent wisely on NYCFC will ultimately have a positive impact on us. Therefore, I wish their extremely wonderful club and their absolutely fantastic supporters all the very best! Go Patrick!!!

This.

More importantly who will replace him in City's youth hierarchy?
Personally I'd like to give Uwe Rösler a go.

This is my biggest worry regarding City.
Lost interest in NYCFC since I've met many of their fans - many of whom being wankers.

Couldn't give a monkeys about new York, I'm more interested in who we appoint as our next EDS manager.

I stopped going on their forum because I was fed up of them slagging my football club off, before they had kicked a ball in anger.

I was just replying to what I had been told. Like I said the sacking of Kries is a separate issue to the appointment and I am only responding to someone coming on here saying Vieira isnt good enough and that NYC fans arent happy with it. I asked the question a few pages ago, who is good enough if Vieira isnt, didnt get any names just waffle about MLS experience being vital, like that is some sort of standard all football should aspire to. I think many people have moved to other leagues and had instant success, and that list of MLS managers is no who's who of football. Adrian fucking Heath, he will inspire US footballers but Patrick Vieira wont?? WTF??
TBF on any forum it's easy to get the idea that the fan base is very anti something or somebody and it doesn't reflect the fans at all. I remember when I first came onto bluemoon I got the impression there was a big anti Mancini faction and after a defeat you would think there was a big anti Pellegrini faction. In both cases it tends to be a vocal minority and doesn't represent what I hear at ground at all. After some time we learn to filter what's posted and see forums for what they are, somewhere that we can sometimes let off steam
You can probably guarantee that those that are positive about City and Vieira will be in the majority with game going fans, but not as vocal.

On what basis ? they have not been good enough in the lower leagues and have been sacked for not being up to the required standard
Uwe was good enough at Brentford, was good at Wigan when his team made us look like mugs and knocked us out the cup, they got relegated after they sacked him,as for Leeds,didn't get a fair crack did he?

Extremely disappointed in this appointment. Was really hoping he would be sent down here to Melbourne. Has huge potential as a coach and demands respect just on his playing career alone.
What's the worst thing can happen? He turns out to be dud and gets sacked.
Best thing, he turns out to be amazing and wins a couple titles.
Who knows maybe we'll get lucky and get Wilcox when CFG finally realise JVS is a dud.

Actually glad some actual pathways are opening up within CFG to develop ALL the clubs (long-term as well as short term ).

Last edited:
Extremely disappointed in this appointment. Was really hoping he would be sent down here to Melbourne. Has huge potential as a coach and demands respect just on his playing career alone.
What's the worst thing can happen? He turns out to be dud and gets sacked.
Best thing, he turns out to be amazing and wins a couple titles.
Who knows maybe we'll get lucky and get Wilcox when CFG finally realise JVS is a dud.

Actually glad some actual pathways are opening up within CFG to develop ALL the clubs (long-term as well as short term ).
Surely this is the point- that the CFG are beneficial to each member club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.