Vieira appointed New York City FC head coach

He will be our next boss with this move, in my opinion.

Stays within club circles, will be there for a few of the three years and will take over from Pellegrini in 2017.

You want him to be an assistant here and then take the main job, without ever doing that job first?? I disagree, I'd much rather him be the main man somewhere first as there is a big difference in the roles.

I agree on your third point though.

It didn't do Guardiola any harm at Barcelona, or Bob Paisley at Liverpool...

They're moaning about a club they've supported for eight months. Ungrateful cunts
Bunch of absolute numpties that set of fans.

I remember a few American City fans coming on here when the club was first formed saying New York sports fans are the worst in the whole of North America.

Interesting time scale. If he doesn't do well then i suppose we've potentially dodged a bullet if we seriously have intentions of grooming him to be our manager, but we'll not be able to bring him back as anything other than manager so no more u-21's for him and we lose a very good asset behind the scenes.

If he proves a success, we'll want him to see out his contract before bringing him over here otherwise the NYCFC fans would go apeshit. Is he going to be ready in 3 years? And more to the point are we going to have a place ready for him in 3 years?

If we're bringing pep in during the summer, are we only expecting 3 years from him? If we stick with Pellegrini until his contract is out, do we then bring in a manager for just 1-2 years to fill the gap? Or do we stick with pellegrini for 3 years? I can't see Vieira extending his contract if he's a success. He'll want to manage at the very top and if he does well he'll get other offers, we can't expect him to hang around and wait for us. If he doesn't prove a success at NYCFC i don't think it necessarily means he hasn't got what i takes to be our future manager but i think we'll lose the chance, as i expect Arsenal will hoover him up if it doesn't go to plan in New York.

It's great for Vieira, it's pushed his managerial career forward, he now gets a chance to prove himself. For City, we've essentially said it's make or break time for him, No more chance to learn, I'm sure the club have thought long and hard about future implications and have a plan, I just hope we've judged the timing right and he's ready. Good luck Vieira. I hope to see you back in Manchester one day.

You're the first person I've ever seen make a negative comment about Wilcox.
I'm very close to one of the key players in the academy. The stories I've been told about him have done more than enough to ingrain my view of him being a huge cockwomble.

The same player said everyone loved Viera and respected him as a World Cup winner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.