Vieira on loan (Merged)

Got a text off a mate with his ear quite close to the ground in terms of goings on at City, he told me and I quote 'Vieira is a NO.' He went on to say there were a few deals in the pipeline when Hughes was here but obviously Mancini wants to see who he needs and doesn't need. Di Maria was mentioned. That's all he knows...for now. Will post more info as I get it.

Solihull Samba Boys said:
Got a text off a mate with his ear quite close to the ground in terms of goings on at City, he told me and I quote 'Vieira is a NO.' He went on to say there were a few deals in the pipeline when Hughes was here but obviously Mancini wants to see who he needs and doesn't need. Di Maria was mentioned. That's all he knows...for now. Will post more info as I get it.

A no from City's side or a no from Vieira's side? If Di Maria came in (who ironically has said he wouldn't come to us as he's a utd fan) then the writing would be on the wall for one of our left wingers, probably our Martin ahead of Robinho based on Mancio stating that he wanted to keep Robinho at the club and not saying anything about Martin. I reckon Petrov will end up at spurs either January or the summer.

A no from City's side mate, despite what his agent may or may not say (remember the SWP saga with Wayne Lindsay!). We haven't approached Inter about him, as of yet anyway who knows about the future. My own opinion is that Mancini will let the lazy journos write what they like and link us with every player Bob worked with at Inter, and he won't dismiss anything out of hand so he can just get on with his job.

something I havent seen anywhere else yet,what if Viera's coming in with a view to playing centre half on a regular basis?The guy could do it easily.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-boss-Arsene-Wenger-Patrick-Vieira-will-be-a-success-at-Manchester-City-article278555.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ar ... 78555.html</a>

Rammy Blue said:
some people are so narrow minded.

look at the Boro game at weekend - we desperately needed to rest our midfield ahead of the derby (before it was called off....), so much so that Barry was on bench and we took Nige off and ended up with Sylvia playing central midfield.

who would you prefer to play central midfield, Sylvia or Vieira?

not too tricky to answer is it.....

Correct. It's a loan deal so there's no real risk in it anyway, but he'll bring stuff to the table that could be of help to us (experience, presence, height and being a good player).

I was really glad Arsenal didn't sign him at the beginning of the season cos he could have been really useful for them, I've no qualms about taking him on loan til the end of the season and then we'll be able to bring in a top midfielder in the summer if it doesn't work out.

Thaksinssoldier said:
something I havent seen anywhere else yet,what if Viera's coming in with a view to playing centre half on a regular basis?The guy could do it easily.

Yea, Viera for centre half and Petrov for left back, we're onto a winner

will be interested to see if you sign him , was in two minds at start of season where it was rumoured we were gonna sign him again , but the fact we did not says enough for me , wenger made the judgement that he could not do it in the premiership at this stage of his career . but what he will give any team he signs for is tremendous experience and a winning mentality but will only play 10 games this season , suppose it would be a case of picking and choosing the big ones he plays in . if he does join you ill wish him well as he was a special player for us and would hate to see a player of his ability not been able to cope and struggle .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.