Viktoria Plzen pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
de niro said:
citytill1die84 said:
de niro said:
We are a far worse side than we were last season, I'm telling you Rob we've gone.
A complete change of game plan and tactics is required. Not just for Sunday but for the season.

Don't agree we have a stronger squad than last season and better players. Better manager is the only thing that remains to be seen he has plenty to live up to. I'll judge MP in a few months but no way have we gone. Agree we need to change tactics and game plan but we have done since the year we nearly threw the title away. Bob was found out last season and we struggled all year just glad Arse,Spurs and Chelsea were shit or I believe it'd have been a lot worse than 2nd.

tell me two players better than Barry and Carlos, as for pelli being better than mancini, you must be taking the piss.

Didn't say Pellers was better than Mancini said it remains to be seen. Fernandinho is better than Barry and will prove it. Tevez was good but not what he used to be. We've signed top quality players and let 2 ageing 1s go. You judging a new manager and new players after 4 games is taking the piss m8. Give them a chance to adapt it doesn't work over night.

On paper we may have a 'better' side than last season but paper players are not what we need, we need players who play FOOTBALL.

It is time to win, win, win, no more draws. We had enough of them under Pearce and Hughes. It is now time to start winning. Why did we let Barry go?? Watching him in that horrible shade of blue on Saturday was heartbreaking especially when you realise that he could have been MOTM.

This time tomorrow I, with many fellow Blues, will be on my way to Plzen and I do not want to come back feeling that I have wasted my money.

IMHO

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS WITH MANCHESTER CITY ..................... SOMEONE PLEASE TELL THIS 'NEW' TEAM THAT THE BOYS IN BLUE NEVER GIVE IN!!!

guys what channel is the match on tomorrow night?? 3 points is a must to get our champions league campaign off to a good start,nothing less will do....... think we should play a 4-5-1 and boss the midfield keep aguero up front on his own were he is best

dannyburns4 said:
guys what channel is the match on tomorrow night?? 3 points is a must to get our champions league campaign off to a good start,nothing less will do....... think we should play a 4-5-1 and boss the midfield keep aguero up front on his own were he is best

SS2

One of the best games I saw City play last season was the first half of the FA Cup semi v Chelski. There was high energy, rapid movement and total commitment (first half anyhow), so we know its in the boys to play like that. We need the mental strength and fortitude to take that attitude to Plzen and against the rags.

They knocked off Napoli (home and away) and Atletico Madrid at home in the Europa League earlier this year. So there is absolutely no room for any belief that the game will be a walk in the park. I am sure they will press us high up the pitch and we often struggle with that style.

This is hard to predict because of the way we have been playing. Come on boys rally round the flag.

We really need to win and I believe with the right attitude we will.

Plzen are no mugs. I think they beat Napoli in the Europa league last year and knocked 5 goals past them. This was a Napoli team that finished 2nd in Serie A last year as well. I think we need to get our campaign off to the strongest possible start. A convincing, dominant performance should settle our nerves in the Champions league and take off a bit of pressure, and also set us up nicely for the derby and get us back in a bit of form. Strongest team available should start, but that is Pellegrini's current issue, he still doesn't know his strongest team. Hoping Jovetic starts and bags himself a goal

Although I'd like to see a comfortable win, I'm going for 2-1 City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.