Viktoria Plzen pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cookie monster said:
blueinsa said:
de niro said:
Well I'm not back till Wednesday night so I'll miss the worst of it:-)

On a serious note though Bill, it was the stick used to beat Bob by many, me included and Pellegrini wont be cut much slack unless we start to get the desired results.
This is what Ferran and Txiki hired him for
Absolutely no excuses to not make it out of this group.

Edited for accuracy mate as they have names ;-)

Other than that, completely agree and failure will see us hunting for a new man come the summer.

Pigeonho said:
Given who they are and who we have in our squad, it's nothing more than a win for me. The eyes will be on us tomorrow night to see what we do. TBH though I'm more concerned about Sunday. Not looking forward to it at all.

I'd take a draw Sunday right now, I know that's us going backwards but that's exactly what we've done.

de niro said:
Pigeonho said:
Given who they are and who we have in our squad, it's nothing more than a win for me. The eyes will be on us tomorrow night to see what we do. TBH though I'm more concerned about Sunday. Not looking forward to it at all.

I'd take a draw Sunday right now, I know that's us going backwards but that's exactly what we've done.
I'd take a draw too mate. Said as much to a few reds yesterday. We should be beating them at home, but the confidence I have in them is rather low right now. Any chance captain kompany can make it?

de niro said:
Pigeonho said:

Backwards? What was the result in the corresponding fixture last season?

Anyway in the CL the most important thing in the away fixtures is not to lose a draw is OK as long as we win the home games

Ducado said:
de niro said:
Pigeonho said:

Anyway in the CL the most important thing in the away fixtures is not to lose a draw is OK as long as we win the home games

Teams like Plzen need to be viewed as 6 points and nothing less mate imo.

Make no mistake, another season of not qualifying from the group stages will see us looking for a new man again come the summer.

blueinsa said:
Ducado said:
de niro said:

Teams like Plzen need to be viewed as 6 points and nothing less mate imo.

Make no mistake, another season of not qualifying from the group stages will see us looking for a new man again come the summer.
Spot on. We're not some 2-bob club who stumbled into the CL and are happy to have our experience in the competition regardless of the results. We have players most, if not all of our rivals would love to have and on that basis we should be getting nothing but 6 points from the teams like Plzen, who are exactly that kind of club who are just going to enjoy their experience, regardless of the results they get.

Ducado said:
de niro said:
Pigeonho said:

We are a far worse side than we were last season, I'm telling you Rob we've gone.
A complete change of game plan and tactics is required. Not just for Sunday but for the season.

de niro said:
Ducado said:
de niro said:

We are a far worse side than we were last season, I'm telling you Rob we've gone.
A complete change of game plan and tactics is required. Not just for Sunday but for the season.

Don't agree we have a stronger squad than last season and better players. Better manager is the only thing that remains to be seen he has plenty to live up to. I'll judge MP in a few months but no way have we gone. Agree we need to change tactics and game plan but we have done since the year we nearly threw the title away. Bob was found out last season and we struggled all year just glad Arse,Spurs and Chelsea were shit or I believe it'd have been a lot worse than 2nd.

citytill1die84 said:
de niro said:
Ducado said:

Don't agree we have a stronger squad than last season and better players. Better manager is the only thing that remains to be seen he has plenty to live up to. I'll judge MP in a few months but no way have we gone. Agree we need to change tactics and game plan but we have done since the year we nearly threw the title away. Bob was found out last season and we struggled all year just glad Arse,Spurs and Chelsea were shit or I believe it'd have been a lot worse than 2nd.

tell me two players better than Barry and Carlos, as for pelli being better than mancini, you must be taking the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.