Viktoria Plzen pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kompany simply has to play or we risk defensive suicide in the CL again because we want to be sure he is OK for the derby.

If we draw or lose the derby the chances are we can climb back up the ladder over the thirty odd games remaining, we lose to Plzen the chances are we are going to massively struggle to get out of the group.

I think this game will do Kompany good going into the derby anyway, it will give him that extra bit of match sharpness needed for Sunday.

I'm not being funny but if we cannot get three points in this game what chance do we have if we do get out of the group and play a top side home and away in the knockout stages? We have a quality squad with world class players, do u think Munich fans are worrying about going away to plzen? Cmon city fans let's have a bit more confidence shall we

If I see players being rested for Sunday I will be seriously pissed off.

calos willetts said:
I'm not being funny but if we cannot get three points in this game what chance do we have if we do get out of the group and play a top side home and away in the knockout stages? We have a quality squad with world class players, do u think Munich fans are worrying about going away to plzen? Cmon city fans let's have a bit more confidence shall we

It's hard after our poor showing in Europe last year and our very poor performances in the league so far.
But I am expecting us to win and maybe that will kick start our season.

blueinsa said:

I can't see that happening mate.

Pellegrini was brought in to sort us out in the Champions League, it also comes across to me that the board make this competition the be all and end all this season.

sam-caddick said:
blueinsa said:

Pellegrini was brought in to sort us out in the Champions League, it also comes across to me that the board make this competition the be all and end all this season.

Well IMO Sunday is a bigger game, I'd rather win the league than champions league!

dex2010 said:
sam-caddick said:
blueinsa said:

Well IMO Sunday is a bigger game, I'd rather win the league than champions league!

Sunday is a bigger game for us fans, but in my opinion Tuesday is bigger for the board.

If we lose or draw in Sunday we have thirty odd games to claw it back to the top, lose on Tuesday we are in big trouble and could be in for another CL disaster.

We have the team to win both games so I am quietly confident at the moment.

sam-caddick said:
dex2010 said:
sam-caddick said:

Sunday is a bigger game for us fans, but in my opinion Tuesday is bigger for the board.

If we lose or draw in Sunday we have thirty odd games to claw it back to the top, lose on Tuesday we are in big trouble and could be in for another CL disaster

I hope your right! lol

sam-caddick said:
dex2010 said:
sam-caddick said:

If we lose or draw in Sunday we have thirty odd games to claw it back to the top, lose on Tuesday we are in big trouble and could be in for another CL disaster.

Without doubt Progression in the CL is a top priority, for the club and the owners, it makes common sense

karen7 said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Silva hasn't even got on the plane unfortunately, which doesn't augur well for Sunday. It's crazy, but tomorrow night is almost career defining (in terms of City) for Pellegrini already, and given, as you say, that Munich, certainly, and Moscow, probably, will go there and win, we can't afford to come away empty handed. Sadly, I think that's exactly what will happen though, because Plzen will play to our weaknesses the same way Hull and Stoke did. They're an attacking side, they'll get in our faces, and unlike Stoke and Hull, they have the requisite technical ability to punish us. This is a team that drew 2-2 in the San Siro last year and later battered Napoli 5-0 on aggregate in the Europa League. Pellegrini may have European pedigree, but he clearly doesn't know his best team yet at City, nor what system best accentuates our strengths, and I think that combined with our habitual lack of pace, will make for a long and difficult evening. I'm praying for a victory, as much for the sake of morale on and off the pitch as anything else, but in all honesty, I will be surprised if we manage to even come away with a draw.

Is it certain Silva hasn't travelled? I heard this but haven't been able to find any confirmation.

It is on the mirror's page,definately not travelled

Confirmed as well on the "City today" feature on the OS that David Silva, Gael Clichy and Micah didn't travel. (Not that I wouldn't believe the Mirror!!!) Thanks for the confirmation anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.