Villa fans

Given their squad (SQUAD), they should be the closest team to the 'big 6'.

They have quality everywhere.

Very true mate, although tbf, back then, players generally played in their own league with a few exceptions, and invariably the top two or three teams (in some cases, the vast majority of the top team) made up most of the national team, so the quality wasn’t quite as poor as it looks on paper in a lot of cases (still agree though).
Have you seen the teams villa played to get to the final ? I dont care who played in what league, it was a ridiculously easy run

I'm blowing up my fake plastic premier league trophy for them ........again. (not really cos its cringe as fuck)

Champions of England...we know what we are
If you did that mate you'd have to inflate 6 of them, one for each finger on each of their hands.
"Premier League Champions, you'll never sing that"

I have read this thread with interest, I think we can all agree it’s easy to support a club winning trophies with lots of success. As mentioned Villa haven’t won a trophy since 1996. I remember in the early 70’s standing in a crowd of over 48000 when Villa were in the old 3rd division against Bournemouth.Also going away to Reading when we won our 1st away game for 14 months in the championship on a cold Tuesday October night in 2016 , we took over 4000 fans to that game. More recently we have just sold our 5200 allocation for a Tuesday night game in the league cup 2nd round against Bolton ……. Not bad for “fickle “ fans.

I have read this thread with interest, I think we can all agree it’s easy to support a club winning trophies with lots of success. As mentioned Villa haven’t won a trophy since 1996. I remember in the early 70’s standing in a crowd of over 48000 when Villa were in the old 3rd division against Bournemouth.Also going away to Reading when we won our 1st away game for 14 months in the championship on a cold Tuesday October night in 2016 , we took over 4000 fans to that game. More recently we have just sold our 5200 allocation for a Tuesday night game in the league cup 2nd round against Bolton ……. Not bad for “fickle “ fans.
And in one years time you will gain another fan, once Simon Ebdon,s ban for punching the 9 year old city fan is over. Classy that.

And in one years time you will gain another fan, once Simon Ebdon,s ban for punching the 9 year old city fan is over. Classy that.
We are not best placed to slag off dick head fans.
@Tammievillan I think the final skewed a lot of blues thoughts about Villa fans. As you have pointed out, not much to shout about recently but you are still turning up. That's all you want from a fan base.

We are not best placed to slag off dick head fans.
@Tammievillan I think the final skewed a lot of blues thoughts about Villa fans. As you have pointed out, not much to shout about recently but you are still turning up. That's all you want from a fan base.
We've got our fair share agreed.

But we played Sunderland in a final (a club who have won less than villa) and from personal experience they were by and large really great supporters and it contributed to a brilliant atmosphere in and around Wembley.

Compare that to Villa and, again I can only speak from personal experience, but they just came across as a pretty awful set of fans. Aggressive and just looking for aggro where there was none to be had.

All clubs have some idiot fans, 2 Villa fans were badly burnt by a flare (one who was an eleven year old ) thrown into the away section at the Eithad last game of the season when you won the prem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.