Villa (H) Post Match Thread

Rodri gained 20 odd yards on Mings before he touched the ball. He was in the perfect position to dispossess him due to the run he had made from an offside position.

My argument isn’t that Rodri was offside because the law states he clearly wasn’t, it’s that the law should change so Rodri should be offside.
Let it go and enjoy the win, mate. Anyone would think we wuz robbed.

Maybe if the dozy twonk wasn't busy chewing gum during a professional football match like a nightclub tart giving it the big I am he would have seen Rodri sneaking in. Fuck him. No one else to blame. Might be a daft law to some but its the law for now. Ergo, its a fuckin goal.
Absolute this Mings could have headed it clear but the big headed get that he is took it on his chest because he thinks he’s John Stones. He’s not the rest is history.
I was thinking all though the game sooner or later that he would fuck up. You can’t have the luck he had with all those blocks without some payback

Hopefully we thus will push on us and we can win all games going into the pool one. Should give us a good indicator of how things will go

For an ex-professional
That is NOT how you spell “rag bastard!” ;-)

I watch same game and show as you, and it is amazing how much they want to inject emotion and wishes into the Laws of the Game.

Old pros always seem wistful for the way it used to be, with Higginbotham even admitting there are numerous rules he doesn’t like and would change!

WHO CARES?! The Laws are the Laws, and you can’t pick and choose which ones you like, you rag bastard!!!

Last edited:
very disappointing,, not probably the most entertaining game so far, the post-match thread. After 80+ pages rehashing the incident with Mings over and over again it is probably the most boring thread...ever

I’ve stated that I disagree with the rule and I’d be pissed off if it was given against us.

I’d also wager that if the decision went in Villa’s favour, this thread would be full of similar comments.
tbf mate years ago i would agree but this rule has been in for years only rags and dippers kicking off.its a modern goal that if its in the rules its a goal despite people hankering for the old days.for what its worth i also preferred it when offside was offside but the modern game trys to give the attackers the advantage until v a r that is

I’ve stated that I disagree with the rule and I’d be pissed off if it was given against us.

I’d also wager that if the decision went in Villa’s favour, this thread would be full of similar comments.
Well, the way things go with football I’m sure it won’t be too long till you can test that theory. Personally, I can’t see anyone having a problem with someone tackling a player dawdling on the ball too long in a dangerous area of the pitch.

The handball that went our way this time is more arguable, but like all teams we’ve had plenty of those go against us before.

Great win against a decent Villa team for a change,Dias was masterful with his clearance before the first goal,had to laugh when the BT commentator said Gundogan scored the first,then didn’t correct himself.

but there main aim was to try and nick the game on the break...
...and dive almost every time they got into a position where a dangerous free-kick could be taken from. And scream for the ref to give a penalty EVERY time they shot at goal and it hit any part of a defender. They're simply copying LiVARpool's blueprint on how to master the art of VAR. Funny how it works for some and not for others, isn't it? ;)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.