Villa is not actually a must win

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
bluemoon27 said:
if we dont win all 3 we wont get 4th

So if we beat spurs, beat villa and draw at whu we won't get 4th? have another go

go on then i will have another go
we beat villa goal diff wont be many
we beat spuds goal diff wont be many
draw west ham
will leave us on 70 points

spuds will hammer bolton probably
spuds lose to us not by many
spuds will hammer burnley
leaves spuds on 70 points with a very big goal diff

so my other go is we still need to win all 3,work it out for yourself einstein

bluemoon27 said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
So if we beat spurs, beat villa and draw at whu we won't get 4th? have another go

draw west ham

so my other go is we still need to win all 3
They will Have to outscore City by about 4 goals over the Bolton and Burnley games to beat us. That's doable but unlikely. You are assuming that they will thrash Bolton and we will struggle to beat Villa. remember that Villa have to come to City and win. I don't think bolton will go to Spurs and attack. They will defend and try and sneak a goal.

Marvin said:
bluemoon27 said:
draw west ham

so my other go is we still need to win all 3
They will Have to outscore City by about 4 goals over the Bolton and Burnley games to beat us. That's doable but unlikely. You are assuming that they will thrash Bolton and we will struggle to beat Villa. remember that Villa have to come to City and win. I don't think bolton will go to Spurs and attack. They will defend and try and sneak a goal.

we will beat villa by 2-1,3-1 i reckon but i do think spuds will easily beat bolton and i can see them knocking in at least 3 or 4 against burnley

I agree we have to go for the win, but the fact remains that 7 points (including a win against Spurs) may be enough (50/50).

Burnley don't have to gamble any more and throw forwards on, and Bolton aren't an easy team to play against. Could well be that we will better Spurs result on Saturday.

One game at a time, but we must not lose patience on Saturday, and we have to remember that it's not Win or Bust. It's a tactical advantage to have Villa come to us having to win. They may try to play their counter-attacking game at the beginning, but if it remains level they will have to come out and attack.

You would expect there to be more goals in the City v Villa game than Spurs v Bolton as City and Villa will both be going for a win, whereas Bolton will be happy with a point. I like Owen Coyle, and expect them to raise their game against Spurs.

This is possibly the worst thing I have ever heard. Are some of you lot serious.

This is exactly why we are still struggling to finish 4th when we actually shouldnt be. Regardless of how far we have come since the days of York City on a cold tuesday evening. It is this negative loser mentality which is the problem at City. The Richards, Wright Phillips, Ireland's (and certainly ex Dunne) who were part of the Keegan / Pearce / Sven era's epitomise the 'typical city' tag, the win 1 game, expect to lose 3, because we as supporters have become used to it for so long.

And now some of you are at it again. With your Mancini like negative tactical loser outlook. A draw against Villa is NOT good enough. All of you losers trying to work out how many points/goals Spuds will get, are riddled in pure self deception.

How difficult is this to realise. The Rags would not be thinking a draw would be good enough. We need to develop this killer streak mentality, instead of playing mathematical safe equations. Why, because some of you are shitting yourselves.

There is no reason to. If we get at Villa and Spuds we will beat them both. If we start with this Mancini trying to make sure we dont lose, we will be giving ourselves the almost impossible. And we will be sat all summer regretting it.

Come on. Wake up. Stand up. And be winners. A WIN IS NECESSARY.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.