Villa Post Match Thread

The first half we were quite shaky. They had one or two half chances that could have hurt us and we were fannying about with it on the right wing without any decent end product.

The turn around in the second half was brilliant though, came out firing and looked like we were gonna score for most of the remainder of the game.

Great final 25 minutes. The team was patient and went in for the kill when they had a chance.

Terrific move by Pellegrini to bring on Jovetić. It gave Villa a little more to think about, and it helped the guys break up the parked bus.

How many times this season has Pellegrini made a substitution that provided immediate results?

One more to go!

Got home a short while ago from the MadHatter. Great atmosphere as usual. Was really impressed with the mental toughness the team showed. No panic at all in a very tough game where Villa parked a 747. Entire team in the penalty box. Some saying we were poor in the first. I disagree. Dominated the ball, had chances were just unlucky. Once the first goal was scored the flood gates opened which is what I expected. It was always going to be about the first goal. Wasn't particularly worried since we score a lot of second half goals and it's very hard to defend like that for 90 mns. Thought everyone was quite good but Zab really stood out. Yaya and Silva really took over in the second and Jovetic looked very good, just hope he can stay healthy next season cause he's a player. Nearly there. Come On City!

Almost forgot. Was brilliant watching passer bye's faces as we sung our hearts out. They had no clue what we were on about.

What a game, Intense as fuck til we scored the first goal.

Please lets finish West Ham off early.

I was that nervous about this game that I got up on Wednesday (NZ time), switched the computer on expecting to see the game only to find out it was the rags against Hull. I'll have to keep reminding myself that kick-off for me is 2:00am MONDAY.

The first half I was beginning to fear the worst - a breakaway Villa goal. The second half was total y different and what a change when Jimmy was subbed off and Jovetic took on a central role with David operating on the right.

And I'll never tire of seeing Yaya's supreme run and finish .

We are blessed to have great owners, excellent manager and some of the best players in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.