Villa Post Match Thread

Yaya is simply from another planet. By the way, I agree with what Pellegrini, and Shearer said. We were in fact good in the first half too. We just kept picking and picking away at that lock, with our intelligent, patient football, and it was going to come loose. We played the same way in both halves, although Pellegrini's substitution of Jovetic for Milner was inspired. It's a fine line between chances and scoring, but we were putting them under very serious pressure right through the first half.
Another thing, don't know if it's been said, and I can't be arsed to read through the whole thread. Top support last night lads. The whole stadium was loud. If only it could be like that for the lesser matches!

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Yaya is simply from another planet. By the way, I agree with what Pellegrini, and Shearer said. We were in fact good in the first half too. We just kept picking and picking away at that lock, with our intelligent, patient football, and it was going to come loose. We played the same way in both halves, although Pellegrini's substitution of Jovetic for Milner was inspired. It's a fine line between chances and scoring, but we were putting them under very serious pressure right through the first half.
Another thing, don't know if it's been said, and I can't be arsed to read through the whole thread. Top support last night lads. The whole stadium was loud. If only it could be like that for the lesser matches!

Good post. We were excellent both halves. Best city performance this season. We didn't panic and were relentless in our quest for victory.

citymad said:
Lovebitesandeveryfing said:

Good post. We were excellent both halves. Best city performance this season. We didn't panic and were relentless in our quest for victory.

We need to learn to have the same patience and belief in our manager and team. Thankfully they're not as flappy and negative or that our tension didn't distract them.

Was worried the goal wasn't going to come but in the end what a result to send a big message out. We aren't quite there but we just need to avoid losing at the weekend which we should be able to manage. HUGE performance last night.

3 points, good football and beat the dippers to 100 goals, excellent night. The same result on Sunday please to beat Chelsea's 103 goal record would be the perfect end to the season.
The league title, most PL goals, the Capital One Cup and most goals in all comps. Lets see the media try and find negatives in that lot. Although if they make it all about Candlepool's glorious heroics in not winning anything again it would not surprise me.

No cock up's now City.

BlueGun said:
" Pellegrini has saved his job with this league title, but in all honestly it's the least they would have expected to win. Give them a Klopp or a Guardiola, and it would be scary. Even Rodgers would already have this league title wrapped up. Pellegrini seems a decent man, very respectable as well. But Chris Houghton probably could have done what he's about to achieve this year."

RAWK...

Conveniently neglecting to mention that Rodgers has only got so close by adopting a diving cheating tactics. I have heard this gobshite speak more words about City than Pellegrini has FFS, I know which I prefer

Funny speaking to people at work this morning, they said well Liverpool have had the best attack but you have defended better and that means you have got the better results. We are the BEST attack and 2nd best defence now, the team above us in defence is Chelsea who have scored nearly a third less than we have.

I wish Pellegrini had taken a moment at half time to walk up the pitch to say: Stay calm, we will continue to play the way we are because we will score that important first goal. It would have settled my nerves and millions of Cityfans in the stand and wordlwide in front of the telly.

This Charming Man kept his cool and he was right. It WAS a matter of time. A Villa-bus and pouring rain could not prevend that. And when we did open the scoring there was no holding back. Immediately gaps appeared in the bus that Villa parked in front of their goal. We let slip a little bit after 2-0, but never ever was there a thread from Villa that could have hurt us. Not even the moment they hit the crossbar. We were already 2 up. Only at 3-0 I looked at my watch to see if there was time to do a Liverpool. There wasn't. We were in no mood anyway.

Dzeko again the big man in every way. Zab enjoying his runs down the line and breaking up attacks as if there were 2 Zabs on the pitch, Kompany and Demichelis assured and cool, and Yaya ... what a goal and perfect ending of the game. Running like a rhino chasing. What a fantastic way to score the 100th PL-goal. And no-one deserved it more than Yaya this season. Not named Player of the Year. Let hem have the consolation, we have Yaya.

Anyways, enough compliments. We have a job to do on Sunday. Champs or chimps? Don't feck it up now City !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.