Villa post match thread

OB1 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Rammy Blue said:
Which incidents were the stonewall pens?

I'm guessing Sergio must have been pulled back and that was one?
The challenge on Spanish Dave was the other.

Yup, player won the ball but he was reckless in the challenge and wrapped himself around Silva - that is a foul in this day and age.

It was a dangerous tackle, I've seen players walk for less. Even Villa's cheerleader in chief for the day Niall Quinn said it was a stonewall pen.

karen7 said:
hkbluey said:
Why can't Joe Hart catch the ball from a corner? The abysmal punching attempts make him look retarded. Or maybe he has too much tape on his three outside fingers?

Stupid post
Sometimes the truth hurts.

The Northern Baptist said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
The Northern Baptist said:
We've spent no where near a fucking billion in the transfer market, its a very very raggy thing to say coming from a so called city fan

all with minimal posts, coincidentally.

Yep, theres a right whiff of shit coming from this pair of balloons, just can't help themselves.
Ok, just cause I don't have 30,000 posts and I'm a new member to this forum it means I'm a rag/balloon/glory hunter, just cause I mention we have spent close to billion since the takeover which is probably true w/e cant be arsed proving I'm a city fan to you and your internet friends.

I thought villa work rate and effort was outstanding
Today, and put us to shame, Tim sherwood has certainly
got them playing for him .

hkbluey said:
Why can't Joe Hart catch the ball from a corner? The abysmal punching attempts make him look retarded. Or maybe he has too much tape on his three outside fingers?

GK aren't trained to catch balls from crosses/corners/freekicks in the modern game. They are trained to punch and immediately clear the danger.
The thought process behind this in the modern game is that the risk of a gk trying to catch a ball and then drop it at the feet of an attacking player is too great.

Punching the ball negates this risk.

OB1 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Rammy Blue said:
Which incidents were the stonewall pens?

I'm guessing Sergio must have been pulled back and that was one?
The challenge on Spanish Dave was the other.

Yup, player won the ball but he was reckless in the challenge and wrapped himself around Silva - that is a foul in this day and age.

Ah, that's the one, remembered now. Yeah, from my view it looked like he went through him to get to the ball.

^^^it appears that all keepers are told to punch now, it's just the modern game.

Oh, and it's amazing the influence that American films and TV have on us Brits, as the word 'retarded' appears to have made a remarkable re-entry into our vocabulary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.