Villa post match thread

Manc in London said:
stan bowles said:
stony said:
No they didn't. They were given the gift of an offside goal and the benefit of two stonewall pens against them not given.
We played poorly, but if anyone was harshly treated, it was City. It was not a lucky win, it was a deserved win. If Villa had taken anything from that game it would have been a travesty.

Yes they were unlucky. They dictated the game. Even Pelle said we were lucky.

They scored less. How can a team not deserve to lose yet score less than the opposition?

Please tell me you're taking the piss, or are you seriously suggesting that the goals tally is the sole arbiter of merit? Bar the first 15 minutes today we were a pathetic second best

malg said:
FishFoot said:
Bollocks.

Thought we gifted you the game, fought back, and then gifted it you again!

Gutted. Thought Sherwood had his tactics spot on, packing the midfield, nullify Lampard, Yaya etc.

Our mistakes have cost us again, balls.

Hope you finish top 4 and Liverpool don't.

All the best.
Sherwood has certainly got you battling. I like the way your midfield played today. Oh, and I hope you fucking stuff Arsenal in the final.......the whole country will be supporting you that day. However, you're not safe in the league yet. Hopefully you won't do a Wigan!

We're fearless under Sherwood, his self belief has really been installed into the players. Mistakes cost us today. After Guzan's mistakse, we were awful for 20 minutes, then we really had a good hold on the game. Delph and Grealish did well. You're that class above and it crept through today.

I don't imagine Arsenal will want to play us, we'll give it a go.

Didn't even realise Yaya went off until my mate told me near the end, what's happened to him?

That was grim, but it pretty well nails top 4, and that's all we could expect. Let's hope Chelsea and Everton give us a further boost tomorrow, but I can't see us winning 2 more playing like that, with those tactics, and that team selection. As I said grim viewing.

Hope Villa stay up,i like this new look Sherwood inspired team.Three or four quality additions can see them reaching for the European spots next season.

After a nervous start,they quickly found themselves and deserved a point today,it wasn't for a lack of effort.

cleavers said:
That was grim, but it pretty well nails top 4, and that's all we could expect. Let's hope Chelsea and Everton give us a further boost tomorrow, but I can't see us winning 2 more playing like that, with those tactics, and that team selection. As I said grim viewing.

Exactly,we need change,both on and off the pitch - I really cant wait for this shambolic season to end.

Just got in after the game , had a couple or three too many in the Summerbee bar afterwards , but apart from the first twenty minutes that was dreadful.
Our midfield is useless as we all know but the defence has become a complete joke.
Outplayed by Villa, YCNMIU.
PS Assume it has already been mentioned about the ludicrous situation of players continually slipping.
Why do we over wet the pitch? Why didn't the players change studs at half time?
Villa didn't seem to have a problem.
Complete joke.

noblelord said:
I can't believe that I want Chelsea to win tomorrow

I'm not really arsed about that one. Everton to beat the rags yes because it's only them I can see us overtaking. To be honest I think there is no way we will finish top 3 playing as shit as this. Spurs will dick us next week because we have completely lost the plot.

I would rather have Chelsea in a position to win the league against Liverpool.

Strange match, looked like we were on fire in the first 10 minutes, next hour looked like we had lead in our boots. Never looked it was going to be a 5 goal thriller.
For the 3rd time this season, we let a 2 goal lead at home slip against a team in the bottom 5.....says a lot about what has gone wrong this season, lack of concentration and killer touch.
Saw the worst of Joe Hart and his Achilles heel today, very dodgy decision making when he comes off his line for crosses, he comes for ones you think "no, don't do it" and then waits on his line for others you think "that's yours Joe"
The demise of MDM continues unabated with another shambolic performance, all over the place today and his crossfield pass straight to a Villa player, leaving them with a 2 on 2 break, just after we'd gone 3-2 up just summed him up. Can't believe we've given him another 12 months, his legs and decision making have clearly gone.
Thought Villa deserve a lot of credit for fighting back after their dreadful start.
Plus marks for us were Mangala and Zabba for his 2nd half show but he kept getting sucked into the centre in the 1st half, leaving them loads of room down the wing.
Toure was poor and his time at our club really does look like it's at an end, a sad finish to some great times, Lampard is past it at this level, Fernando was meh, Navas worked har, Silva has been off his game for weeks now. That's basically our whole midfield for the last few months been way off what is needed.
If we can salvage a top 3 spot from this let down of a season that will be a bonus. Have a good Saturday chaps.

FishFoot said:
malg said:
FishFoot said:
Bollocks.

Thought we gifted you the game, fought back, and then gifted it you again!

Gutted. Thought Sherwood had his tactics spot on, packing the midfield, nullify Lampard, Yaya etc.

Our mistakes have cost us again, balls.

Hope you finish top 4 and Liverpool don't.

All the best.
Sherwood has certainly got you battling. I like the way your midfield played today. Oh, and I hope you fucking stuff Arsenal in the final.......the whole country will be supporting you that day. However, you're not safe in the league yet. Hopefully you won't do a Wigan!

We're fearless under Sherwood, his self belief has really been installed into the players. Mistakes cost us today. After Guzan's mistakse, we were awful for 20 minutes, then we really had a good hold on the game. Delph and Grealish did well. You're that class above and it crept through today.

I don't imagine Arsenal will want to play us, we'll give it a go.

Didn't even realise Yaya went off until my mate told me near the end, what's happened to him?

villa are going to need to play a lot better than today if you think villa can win the fa cup
ok villa put up a fight but city are not what I would say on top form and you lost when city was there for the taking with city on the summer holidays already

I would hate to see villa drop down to the championship but nobody has the right to stay up and you still need 4 points to stay up you could do the drop and cup final disease that's happens a lot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.