Villa post match thread

FantasyIreland said:
Hope Villa stay up,i like this new look Sherwood inspired team.Three or four quality additions can see them reaching for the European spots next season.

After a nervous start,they quickly found themselves and deserved a point today,it wasn't for a lack of effort.

Not bothered what happens to Villa in the league but I expect they will stay up and would prefer them to win the Cup. I have never forgotten some arogant prick of a Vile fan on 606 a few years back after they beat us at the start of the season. He was going on about how Villa had different expectations to City, like they were the elite. Never been more bugged I don't think by a call on that show.

OB1 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Hope Villa stay up,i like this new look Sherwood inspired team.Three or four quality additions can see them reaching for the European spots next season.

After a nervous start,they quickly found themselves and deserved a point today,it wasn't for a lack of effort.

Not bothered what happens to Villa in the league but I expect they will stay up and would prefer them to win the Cup. I have never forgotten some arogant prick of a Vile fan on 606 a few years back after they beat us at the start of the season. He was going on about how Villa had different expectations to City, like they were the elite. Never been more bugged I don't think by a call on that show.

That must have been the 4-2 game about 2008?

You let Agbonlahor score a hat trick. No wonder we thought we were miles above you ;)

We were that mediocre that I thought Fernandinho was MOTM. People stood around waiting for others to make a play rather than helping teammates out and giving options. Exactly what you see in lacklustre amateur 5-a-side teams.
No movement is always a killer for us (as all counters slow down massively reducing cache if a goal) and an indicator that change is required.
We also seem to have given up the ability to maintain a positive approach beyond 15 minutes.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Manc in London said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
The challenge on Spanish Dave was the other.

If that was outside the box, the Villa player would have been given a yellow.

But didn't we score from the same passage of play so had that been given, we would not have scored from the free kick.

I personally though that decision was ok.

I honestly cannot remember what followed that passage of play as I have thankfully blocked about 95% of the game from my memory.However, it should have been a pen. It was a poor challenge.

City are running on empty after a disappointing season. Bottle fatigue, for want of a better phrase.
Individually, plenty of skill, collectively they are stangers. There is no discernable pattern to our play, off-the-cuff is fine if we had 7 or 8 ''maestros'' but we have 2 or 3 at most.
The season's end cannot come soon enough for me, the management situation has to be resolved, the future of several first team players up in the air is affecting what's happening on the pitch and and one or two new signings is not going to fix it.
Today's game could be a basis for a ''how not to defend'' tutorial [both teams were awful], and the thought of next season with substantially the same set-up is not a happy one. Roll on the end of this poor season.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Manc in London said:
stan bowles said:
Yes they were unlucky. They dictated the game. Even Pelle said we were lucky.

They scored less. How can a team not deserve to lose yet score less than the opposition?

Please tell me you're taking the piss, or are you seriously suggesting that the goals tally is the sole arbiter of merit? Bar the first 15 minutes today we were a pathetic second best

Goals are not the sole arbiter of merit? Are you serious? What next, extra points for moral victories? Points deducted for having less shots on target. I hate to break it to you but nothing else matters. Do you understand how the game works? I must have walked into Numpty Hour on BM.

Plays By Sense Of Smell said:
We were that mediocre that I thought Fernandinho was MOTM. People stood around waiting for others to make a play rather than helping teammates out and giving options. Exactly what you see in lacklustre amateur 5-a-side teams.
No movement is always a killer for us (as all counters slow down massively reducing cache if a goal) and an indicator that change is required.
We also seem to have given up the ability to maintain a positive approach beyond 15 minutes.

we looked like a team on a sinking ship with players ready to jump over board we was that shocking
villa should have got a point and they are fighting the drop not a top 4 place

I can see another middlesbrough 8.1 coming the players have given up on the club they know the clean out is happing the manager gone and a new manager with over £200million to spent I just hope the fans don't turn on each other like the last time its was a dark day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.