Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

citytill1die84 said:
Has the league finished today?

Apparently it's finished, but only for us. I suppose we just go through the motions for the next 32 games.

Because no-one ever improves their away form and it's impossible to make up a 3 (or god forbid 5) point deficit.

We played better but that worth nothing. We should have put our chances away and defend well. We didnt do any of it. Yes their first goal was offside, but that happens every year sometimes we score an offside goal (I remember one especially vs Villa last season maybe) or the opponent gets a good goal not given like WHU's Nolan last season. But also sometimes it goes against us.

We reacted well after that with Dzeko's header. And being up second time that was the time to think carefully, not to give away anything, and then we concede goal from a cheap freekick and basially from a kick from their GK. Amateur...

The big worry is we didnt face any really hard teams away from home so far. Villa lost at home vs Pool and Newcastle already. Cardiff is tough but Everton got a point there, Spurs got 3 points. Stoke is tricky, we never win there, but we nearly even lost there two weeks ago vs a Hughes team and they were better.

Barcelona currently doing the job away from home... the difference? They have no weak links in their side. We do.

Silva Service said:
The best thing about today was no injuries before Bayern. There was caution in all our players. I'm sure we'll let fly on Wednesday and to be honest that is the right sense of priority.
Agree with this. UCL is the priority and minds are obviously on Weds night. Win against Bayern and we're almost through to ko stage. We can all be happy with that.

cleavers said:
Balti said:
still not looking like an upgrade is it tbh?
It sure looked like for the last 10 days, and from what I've heard on 5live did for most of todays game too.

Really? Great derby result aside what has he done in terms of impressing you? Who gives a shit what possession stats were or how it sounded on the radio.

At least Pellers will give them all a holistic cuddle tonight and tuck them up in bed with some warm milk - I bet he gives great hugs.

cleavers said:
Balti said:
still not looking like an upgrade is it tbh?
It sure looked like for the last 10 days, and from what I've heard on 5live did for most of todays game too.

Not really. Good wins against poor opposition and today, despite a lot of possession, a loss against a team that weren't even really trying to win.

Midweek will be interesting as it'll be Pellegrini's first match in charge of us against top class opponents.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.