Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Blue Haze said:
Wish we had bought Falcao. Crazy price but he would have had 3 today and Villa would have quit.

Even relegation fodder in the PL will play even with us if we give them hope. Missing so many chances emboldened them. Nasty was the biggest culprit today, but he would have been irrelevant if we had taken our chances.

We bought two strikers and our highest scorer is Toure.

not sure which sentence he is the most stupid, the first or last?

cleavers said:
Ducado said:
As another poster pointed out very wisely the other day

The mood swings in here are ridiculous, from ecstatic to rock bottom depression in one game
What baffles me, is that people don't see these results as possible, its predictions 3-1, 4-0, 5-0 every week, and then when its not, they need the Samaritans to get over it. Villa have already won at Arsenal, so are no mugs, sure we shouldn't have lost today, but we did, its not excatly the first time that this has happened to City.

Our away form needs sorting out however, but that's been true since before Hughes got the sack, it wasn't great then, it wasn't great even when we won the league, and its still not great.

to be fair i feel like i'm one of the ones who usually predicts extreme score lines for us. but at least i don't lose my head when shit happens

One thing for sure is the PL is tight this season (so far), its early days and Im sure Pellers will learn and these type of defeats will be a massive learning curve for him, of which Im sure he is upto.

Blankomania said:
Ducado said:

The mood swings in here are ridiculous, from ecstatic to rock bottom depression in one game

Its no use, Its why i don't post very much. I have more respect for the people who stick with there opinion and stayed quiet about pellegrini last week. The people who change there opinion game to game is ridiculous

I think we now know how bad scum and toon really are
Today was a MUST win - the chance to show that it was no freak - ahead twice against a depleted team
It´s about the win, the 3 points at the end of the day - nothing else matters
We cocked up royally
Mangers live and die on results whether we like it or not
Today was embarrassing - and you can bet WE´LL be the headlines for the wrong reasons NOT them and little Davey. We gave them all the ammo they needed this afternoon

cleavers said:
Ducado said:

What baffles me, is that people don't see these results as possible, its predictions 3-1, 4-0, 5-0 every week, and then when its not, they need the Samaritans to get over it. Villa have already won at Arsenal, so are no mugs, sure we shouldn't have lost today, but we did, its not excatly the first time that this has happened to City.

Our away form needs sorting out however, but that's been true since before Hughes got the sack, it wasn't great then, it wasn't great even when we won the league, and its still not great.

Definitely the away form needs sorting out. But that was a definite improvement on the stoke and Cardiff games. Thought we played well and if it wasn't for some individual errors (officials included) we could have won. If we played like the previous games I would have worried, but we are improving..

hgblue said:
Blue Haze said:
Wish we had bought Falcao. Crazy price but he would have had 3 today and Villa would have quit.

Even relegation fodder in the PL will play even with us if we give them hope. Missing so many chances emboldened them. Nasty was the biggest culprit today, but he would have been irrelevant if we had taken our chances.

We bought two strikers and our highest scorer is Toure.

Cavani for me mate, and a top class centre back.

They would be expensive but would improve this team more than any other money we could spend.

cleavers said:
Ducado said:

1 from 9 against Cardiff, Stoke and Villa. "Still not great" is quite generous I think.

razman said:
nasty was really poor today...was partially responsible for all goals today....

He's going to have days like that, given his age and inexperience.

What is a miracle with him is that mistakes are so few and far between that they stand out when he has an off day - class.

Freak result IMO, however if this sort of thing doesn't stop soon I am predicting title moving to London. :-(

Is this our worst start for a while? I don't remember dropping as many points at this point since Hughes took over and his squad was far inferior.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.