Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

hgblue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
hgblue said:
Quite enjoyed today? I can't get my head around that at all. I'm gutted.
I'm perfectly content to accept that we can't win every week. I thought it was a good game and bore all the hallmarks of a great English game of football.

And as I said, I still think we'll win the league.

Other posters never seem to have a positive thought about following this club. That is something I can't get my head round.

I think we need to develope a winning mentality as a club, and quite enjoying watching a game we've lost just doesn't compute with me. Still, each to their own and all that.
Reading most of your output it's difficult to see how you derive any pleasure from watching City, but as you say, each to their own :-)

waspish said:
Blankomania said:
Even the villa fans are saying we played well and they were lucky to win. The neutrals are saying we played well and unlucky to win. But some of our "fans" are saying we played shit and aren't going to finish near the top four. Some of our fans make me wonder if they wstch the game before commenting. The forum really depresses me.,,

I thought we played well today but what some fans are taking into account is if we carry on as we are away from home winning the title is out the window also not picking up wins away from home puts a lot of pressure on our home form

West ham and Chelsea next up....it's not going to be easy.

Arguably we should have won today but
We didn't deserve to beat Cardiff and should have lost at Stoke.

Our away form continues to be poor.

Players in circle before the game...

Maybe I'm stupid:), but I noticed one thing you know its when before the match starts players already on the pitch usually one minute more to the kick off and our players are taking up their positions on our half while some of the opponent teams get together in a small circle everyone together even the goalkeeper, you know last few advices from captain, "lets go" shout, arms around the other's shoulder...

When this happens we always fucking fuck up our matches, I am serious. Clearly remember it vs Cardiff, Bellamy gathered them together in a small circle before kickoff.

Soton did the same before they raped up 3-1 last season and I think Sunderland did it too last season. Cant remember Stoke did it few weeks ago or not.

Wigan did it before the FA Cup final that is sure.

Today when I found a shit stream it exactly started going when Villa players joined in a small circle while our players were standing far from each other waiting for the kickoff.

I dont want to turn into a team spirit thing but I always have a fucking bad feeling when I see that because usually I see that from smaller against us ad we are getting punished every time in that match losing or drawing as big favourites...
That is a bad reflex from me, when I see that I instantly know we will fuck up or struggle very much.

Well look out for this next time, watch closely before the Everton match do they make a small circle on the pitch before kickoff...

(But it is usually only "works" when we arent playing at home.)

Big Tackle said:
To think, some posters thought 90 points would be needed this season. Less than 80 could very well win it. I think it's going to be an epic season.

Quite enjoyed today, I have to say. Thought it was a good game. Villa fans afterwards reminded me of when we used to beat a big team at Maine Road in particular. Football's a fucking brilliant game in that sense.

Still think we'll win it.

Bang on. That was the most one sided defeat i've ever seen.

I recall a game at home to Derby in the 70's where we battered them and lost 1-0.

My take on it, got our noses in front but the linesman let them back in it with a poor decision, we went in front again only to stand off them at 1-2. We stopped pressing and allowed them to get back in it, they need to learn to keep the foot on the throat until the job is done, the amount of room we gave them after retaking the lead was ridiculous.

pellegrini out by Christmas if he continues to prioritise the cl over the pl

never won a thing anywhere and no reason why that should change just because he is at city

birchwoodgingerste said:
hilts said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
it's interesting how you take one sub and use it to prove it wouldn't have been right by judging their potential role on a goal they wouldn't have been able to influence as much.

i.e. Garcia could have had a far bigger role in the third goal in that little hole putting pressure on the flick and allowing a CB to drop back and cover.

Different subs could have made a whole different impact on the game that would have changed the build-up into those incidents so they never occurred obviously, hindsight is beautiful but we can only say what we see, and I saw an opportunity to sure the game up when we were ahead and like last sunday when Pellegrini allowed United to bring on Cleverley and dominate the midfield for 20 minutes putting us under unnecessary pressure till he brought Milner on.

Yes we were 4-0 up but I don't think posters were wrong in some respects to say that our complete switch off after 50 minutes last sunday was dissappointing and a bit worrying about our attitude, I think we showed a bit more of that today.

Well if you wanted him to shore the game up when we were a whole goal up against a very poor Villa team i am glad you are not our manager, there is only one problem for the boss though if he had indeed done this then if we conceded from silly mistakes anyhow the same posters would be on here blaming him for changing things when we were dominating and not going for the third to put it to bed

we can all come on here playing bill shankly afterwards but the fact remains we outplayed them and defended badly end of

the same posters who no doubt would slag pelle off for not bringing a milner on to tighten up the team would be the sort who would have a go for not taking him off today, basically if we lose to some it is the managers fault, a little silly in my view

it is groundhog day on here everytime we lose

But thats the point you cant afford to lose these games if you want to be champions 1point in threee away games is awfull.

not sure what your point is fella where did i say we can afford to lose these games? in fact i have said several times our away form will cost us

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
look at Arsenal....know how to grind a tough victory out at Swansea..

city meanwhile.......

To try and use Arsenal who havnt won a fucking trophy in god knows how long as a stick to beat the manager with and yes, that's exactly what you are trying to do here is fucking laughable.

the same Arsenal that lost to Villa at home as well pmsl.

hgblue said:
I'm perfectly content to accept that we can't win every week. I thought it was a good game and bore all the hallmarks of a great English game of football.

And as I said, I still think we'll win the league.

Other posters never seem to have a positive thought about following this club. That is something I can't get my head round.

I think we need to develope a winning mentality as a club, and quite enjoying watching a game we've lost just doesn't compute with me. Still, each to their own and all that.
Reading most of your output it's difficult to see how you derive any pleasure from watching City, but as you say, each to their own :-)

As a general rule I'm happy when we win and unhappy when we lose. I used to think that was normal ;).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.