Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

OB1 said:
hgblue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Reading most of your output it's difficult to see how you derive any pleasure from watching City, but as you say, each to their own :-)

As a general rule I'm happy when we win and unhappy when we lose. I used to think that was normal ;).

I'd much unhappier if I didn't think we were moving in the right direction performance wise. Today was a classic case of: we will play worse and win. There was far more to enjoy and praise in our performance than the other way round. Obviously, we can't afford to keep making crucial cock-ups.
This is how I feel too. I didn't see the game today, but from what I've heard, we were dominant all the way through and were undone by 3 goals from 3 chances, at least one of which shouldn't have been a goal. That kind of freak result happens every now and then. But this week seems to be far different from our earlier away games, where we were just shit, and struggled to create anything, and were a bit of a shambles at the back. Hopefully results like this one will be evened out by us sneaking wins in games where we're shit.

sam-caddick said:
I don't know what other blues think about this but I was there today and for me it just looked like the whole team and management once again had their eye on the Champions League.

Pellegrini for me has his eyes on the CL this season though if you ask me, why not start Navas,? why take Nasri off?

The players just looked like they had nowhere near the amount of motivation they had against United, did they have their eye on Bayern? I have a feeling they did.

In regards to the game I didn't think we performed that bad but we were just not incisive enough and and had a few defensive shockers which Villa took their chances with.

I thought Milner, Nastasic and Hart were the poor players of the day for us.

Our away form needs to improve simple as that though, it looks like it will cost us the league.

It was a couple of school boy errors that undid us, it's nothing to celebrate but not enough to go into meltdown, overall we played very well

blueinsa said:
bluemc1 said:
blueinsa said:
without a shadow of a doubt.

yeah shocking appointment, why not just appoint a manager who had never even managed in a CL group stage game, what a right load of knobs we would look then

???

I was agreeing with GDM in that the previous poster smelt of Eau de Rag!

i know was just giving the badly disguised rag some shit,

sam-caddick said:
I don't know what other blues think about this but I was there today and for me it just looked like the whole team and management once again had their eye on the Champions League.

Pellegrini for me has his eyes on the CL this season though if you ask me, why not start Navas,? why take Nasri off?

The players just looked like they had nowhere near the amount of motivation they had against United, did they have their eye on Bayern? I have a feeling they did.

In regards to the game I didn't think we performed that bad but we were just not incisive enough and and had a few defensive shockers which Villa took their chances with.

Our away form needs to improve simple as that though, it looks like it will cost us the league.

It looked to me as though we thought we could play within ourselves and still beat Villa. Wrong approach imo. Get the game won, and then start resting players with the Champs League in mind.

I think we all agree that this result takes some believing. I don't think the team selection or the substitutions had anything to do with it. The club has a squad where we have two quality players for each position precisely so we don't have to risk certain players in games we consider "easier" so they can play in more "difficult" matches. Hence, little point in risking Sergio or David before Wednesday, and Navas and Jovetic don't weaken any team. The City eleven on the pitch at any time was good enough to beat that Villa eleven comfortably. But nevertheless, this result is not the freak some posters seem to believe and ideas the "it can't happen again" are dangerous nonsense because it can. In fact, it already has happened - this season, at Cardiff. The match stats are eerily similar. 70% possession in Cardiff: 67% today. In Cardiff we had 8 corners, they had 3: today we had 13 to Villa's 2. In Cardiff we had 12 attempts to their 8: today 15 to Villa's 7. And the other great point in common, both Cardiff and Villa scored 3 while we only got 2. We lost 2 games we dominated, We gave three away in South Wales because we were a shambles at corners and, indeed defending a routine cut back: today we conceded from a free kick and a simple punt straight down the middle. It's no use saying it was a well taken free kick, because, if you concede free kicks in that area you can always concede. Against cardiff we blamed it on Garcia, but today we had Kompany and Nastasic. It was, indeed, Nastasic who gave away the totally unnecessary free kick. Something needs to be sorted out, or the "high risk" football we were going to enjoy this season may become the "suicide" game.

Dzeko -profligate

Fernandinho - anonymous

Nastasic - naive

But they weren't all bad and overall we were quite unlucky not to score more goals in the first half

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
blueinsa said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
look at Arsenal....know how to grind a tough victory out at Swansea..

city meanwhile.......

To try and use Arsenal who havnt won a fucking trophy in god knows how long as a stick to beat the manager with and yes, that's exactly what you are trying to do here is fucking laughable.

the same Arsenal that lost to Villa at home as well pmsl.

I'm not talking about Arsenals fucking home form you clown.I'm talking about there away form.They have now won I think 10 on the spin away,so to have the odd blip at home as they have is totally irrelevant.City can win all they like at home but will win fuck all until they sort the away form out. Sorry if you don't like my opinion but you seem to quote me a lot for some reason.
As I said,dress it up all you like...We played ok but got fuck all for it.Villa were bossed but got 3 pts.
Not to worry hey though,the boss will have give them a big cuddle afterwards hey,

Big cuddle?
Anyone would think you wished we still had Mancini.

I am trying to stay calmer and more objective about games these days as too much stress and anger isn't good for me at my age.

As things stand, Pellegrini isn't overly impressing me with his substitutions but I expect him to get at least a full season to show what he can do. There does seem to be a lack of a win at all costs mentality within the squad which leaves us open to results like today. It may take him time but if it looks like he has changed this then he should remain as manager even if the main prizes elude us this season but if we are still losing games like this one in the latter part of the season then his position will be untenable.

bluemc1 said:
blueinsa said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
*sniff sniff*

without a shadow of a doubt.

yeah shocking appointment, why not just appoint a manager who had never even managed in a CL group stage game, what a right load of knobs we would look then

I know you're desperately hanging onto the "Mancini never got anywhere in the CL" excuse, but let's be honest, our first season in the CL we got 10 points but didn't get through the group, not bad for our first attempt though.

The second season we all know who we got in our group and there was no shame in not qualifying, because frankly very few EPL teams would have succeeded.

I honestly think with this year's group, Mancini would have got the team to qualify as much as Pelligrini will do.

If you seriously think this team is anywhere near winning the CL, then you and all the other Pelligrini inners are seriously deluded, you need to give your heads a good wobble.

Ducado said:
sam-caddick said:

It was a couple of school boy errors that undid us, it's nothing to celebrate but not enough to go into meltdown, overall we played very well

Duc-Are you for real..We may well have played well but got zip,diddly to show for it.Surely
it is better to play poorly and win or am I missing something here.
I think sometimes you need to take your blue tints off and realise things aren't all that
great. Losing to Villa is simply fucking laughable Duc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.