Villa Vs City Post Match Thread

Some of the comments on here are embarrassing. I agree a frustrating game..... "Let's get rid of Pellegrini" for fuck sake

Aside from Navas being changed it was the same formation and players that trounced Seville away.Most would have been happy with that side before the game.I was except i would have kept the exact same eleven.If we go through the game like we did there isn't a lot the manager can do about it,we have limited options on the bench due to injuries except the young lad up front,who i admit should have come on earlier.
I was happy with the line up however when it wasn't working he should have changed it quicker
Navas on i agreed with,yaya was terrible and i would have put kev into no 10 and nacho up front,i believe we would have scored that way

It's notoriously difficult to win away games after playing in Europe in mid week. Only Utd won and they were lucky in some ways.We are still top and hopefully Silva and Aguero will soon be back. I was concerned we didn't change many players for this game too. Still one of those things. There are 19 other teams who'd like to be in our position.

Pellegrini should have played the same again and told them to come out of the blocks flying and not let Villa settle and gain any confidence.
Perhaps he told them exactly that, but they couldn't do it.

Villa also played in the match, and were always likely to be tough opposition with a new manager in his first game, so they deserve some credit, and once again our attacking players have wasted too many chances to score at least 1 goal, which would have been enough to win.

Played well second half but.as has been said before we need to start better. Fantastic start last Tuesday but today we let Villa get their confidence up early on
Only Pellers can say if Kelechi would have scored one of the sitters we missed? Amazed he wasn't brought on before.
We're in a good position so all to play for but injuries still hitting badly

A truly shocking display and you can have as much possession as you want but it counts for fcuk all.Some players need to look long and hard in that mirror,starting with Toure and Sterling.

Sterling was absolutely miles better than De Bruyne and bar far the most dangerous in attack.

Perhaps he told them exactly that, but they couldn't do it.

Villa also played in the match, and were always likely to be tough opposition with a new manager in his first game, so they deserve some credit, and once again our attacking players have wasted too many chances to score at least 1 goal, which would have been enough to win.

Yes i more or less said the same in another post on the game. The trouble is when you have that sort of talent on the field as a manager you know any one of them could turn the game in a moment,so are reluctant to change it,unfortunately today it didn't happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.