Villa Vs City Post Match Thread

No excuses for that. Not having the new manager syndrome. They're bottom of the league and deservedly so. We simply had to take 3 points away from that game but never looked like doing so. Pellegrini rightly got a lot of plaudits for Tuesday and today he rightly deserves a lot of criticism. He cost us 2 points. We were crying out for a striker on the pitch. It was a shocking decision not to bring Iheanacho on when Bony went off injured. It was even worse that it took until the 83rd minute for him to recognise the need for him to come on. We looked dangerous for the last 5 minutes. What happened to the other 90? Dropping points against relegation fodder is what cost us the league last year.

We won't win every game this season that's a given, the same as both title winning seasons and some results will be perplexing with hindsight but football is never played on paper I beleive we are suffering from a CL hangover plus the fact that we are minus two of our best players and with others returning from injury, I still beleive we will win the league this season

Defence did what was expected of them. Can't say the same for the forwards. That was not the fault of the coach.

Navas played well and the Vinny/Otamendi is getting better.

Just heard Henry's comments. The first thing he did was to criticise Navas. He was the best attacking player on the pitch today.

<bitter mode> had to laugh at Villa fans giving a standing ovation at the end of the game when they didn't manage a shot on target and they desperately needed the 3 points.
Villa club / fans definitely gone down in my estimation after today!

Think Pellers has just ticked the boxes up to the last international break for a few months. No team in England would swap places with us right now. Nobody is perfect but Pellers hasn't done much wrong. I've no idea what some moaners on here want and, quite frankly, I don't care.

Come on if you are Villa and have lost the last 7 games and you take a point off the top of the table side when everyone, except us City fans,lol,is expecting you to get a hammering,you would be ecstatic too.

Some fans have such low standards. We have the potential, the target, to be the top team in the world. Managerial performances like that are unacceptable and should be called out as such.

Why should we have the ambition for great things if most here are happy with drawing to a side that managed to scrape 4 points out of 11 games?

Oh didn't realise being top of the league and top of champions league group (and qualified) and quarters of league cup doesn't meet your or our expectations. You do know few weeks before our expected March to the fa cup starts so where is the negative. I'm with you, I expect to win every game and therefore if no quadruple then we've failed ;)

I'm more than happy to hear your explanation of why MP didn't replace Bony with Nacho. Instead, waited until the 83rd minute to actually have a striker up front for our midfield players to aim for rather than have one of our midfield players fulfil a role they are not best suited to. That is what I'm frustrated at because the outcome of the game would most likely have been a win. Or can you not see that like MP?

By the way, this is the 'post match' thread and not the general "how City are doing' thread hence my specific comments to the game.

Aside from Navas being changed it was the same formation and players that trounced Seville away.Most would have been happy with that side before the game.I was except i would have kept the exact same eleven.If we go through the game like we did there isn't a lot the manager can do about it,we have limited options on the bench due to injuries except the young lad up front,who i admit should have come on earlier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.