Villareal

Thats flight, hotel and coach sorted. Anyone staying at the Palm Beach. Got AI for 240 staying 2/9 - 4/9

i have 2 coaches booked,it is virtually full,to all the people who have enquired but not sent a personnal message( i have sent out pms to these) please clarify asap. anyone who wants to go from today will be put onto standby and i will sort out a smaller coach if the numbers stack up. i need to pay the coach no later than october 11th.
i need to put a deposit on the coaches so please do not abuse the coaches. ( otherwise i will lose this money)
theres no drinking or smoking allowed. plenty of time before during and after the game. thanks to all who have booked or enquired.
payment by palpay unless otherwise agreed. mac

ps the owner of the coach wants a ticket to the game can anyone help.

BL3_Blue said:
What's the script from Barcelona to Castello De La Plana, train wise or other transport from your knowledge of living there??? Thanks in advance mate

It's about two or three hours on the train from Barcelona Sants to Castellon.

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:55 pm --

BIG DONKEY said:
how can you call villarreal a shit hole but valencia nice?!

Villareal is a town the size of Swinton which just so happens to have a La Liga ground in it.

There are literally four pbus outside the ground and nothing else.

Castellon is a much better place to stay.

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:56 pm --

jay_mcfc said:
On the face of it flying to Barcelona and getting the train to Castellon might be better than flying to Alicante.

Yep...you are correct.

If you went to Alicante, the temptation would be to stay in Benidorm, but there's no train from Benidorm to Villareal/Castellon so you'd have to either get a bus that takes about four hours, or trek back to Alicante and then get the train.

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:58 pm --

citizen said:
And how much would a train be from barca and back?

The trains in Spain work differently to in the UK.

Rather than having one company running a route, you get about five or six competing.

As a general rule, the slower you get there, the cheaper it is.

But you can have a look at train tickets here:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.renfe.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.renfe.com/</a>

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:06 pm --

FatGeeorgeClooney said:
Hi Jay

Can you find out about trains back to Valencia after the game as we are keen to stop in Valencia night before game and night of match.

Cheers, would be much appreciated

Don't go to Villareal station:

After the game, the police will probably keep you in about 10/15 minutes.

There will be plenty of taxis knocking around outside.

Get a taxi to Castellon train station (it'll cost about e5) and then get the train to Valencia:

According to Renfe - the Spanish rail website - there's a train leaving Castellon at 23:59:

BARCELONA-SANTS 21.30
TARRAGONA 22.24
SALOU 22.38
CASTELLO DE LA PLANA 23.59
VALENCIA-NORD 00.57
ALMANSA 02.02
ALBACETE 02.36
ALCAZAR DE SAN JUAN 03.54
LINARES-BAEZA 05.42
GRANADA 08.23

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:08 pm --

mike channon´s windmill said:
jay_mcfc said:
The train situation back to Valencia after the game is a tricky one. The last train to Valencia on a normal day is around 22:40(ish) which is about the time the game will finish. The train station is also about 20-25 min walk from the ground so it will have to be planned trains they put on for after the game. I would have my reservations that the Spanish authorities are capable of arranging that so I'll try to keep my ears and eyes open.

Alternatively, Villareal is about 60km from Valencia and I reckon would cost about €80-100 so between 4 isn't too bad.

If we get really stuck I could probably hire a coach or 2 from Valencia. I used a coach company when I got married here and they're very good and pretty cheap so always an option.
Is it really that far from the ground? Thought you would be able to lap the whole town twice in that time!

The train station is at the south end of town and the ground is at the north end.

It'd take you about five minutes to drive normally, but not when there's shitloads of matchday traffic.

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:11 pm --

city-till-i-cry said:
Hi mate,

How far is Barcelona to valencia?

Can you tell me how long it takes and price of train?

Thanks in advance

It takes about three hours , depending on which company is running your train. Barca to Valencia will cost you about £70 return.

Seems a bit silly to go past Castellon though when Castellon is decent and a 10-minute drive to the ground.

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:12 pm --

foley87 said:
how much are we looking at on the train from alicante to valencia?

how are a few thousand city fans going to get back to valencia if like you say the train times a bit dodgy

would you reccomend hiring a car from alicante etc...?

About £50 return.

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:15 pm --

feedthegoat2009 said:
can somebody advise me will i be able to get to allicante after the match as I was thinkin of stayin in benidorm or am i best of stayin in valenica, any help would be appreciated,

That's not a good idea.

Stay in Castellon and then get the train back to Alicante the next day.

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:17 pm --

AJ1987 said:
Do you know how far castellon coach station is from villarreal, we are looking to get the coach back to benidorm after the game and have checked and there is one at 11:20 after the match, just wondered whether we would make it in time.
Thanks

With Spain being an hour ahead, the match will finish about 22:15.

City fans will probably be kept in the ground for 20 minutes and there'll be loads of taxis around at that point.

A taxi takes 10 minutes along one straight, simple road to Castellon and the coach station is in an easily accessible part of town, so you'll easy make 11:20.

I did that bus last year, by the way.

It's not a bad drive, but can get pretty stuffy and noisy on the coaches during the day.

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:18 pm --

tasker said:
jay, how much would a coach cost after the game back to benidorm (hire). theres a few blues who i know who are staying there, and looks like a few more on here aswell. cheers

I know there's rivalry etc, but why not ask the lads at the Stretford End bar in Benidorm. They put on coaches when United have played in Villareal and Valencia and would be able to sort out coach firms for you etc.

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:20 pm --

cityjo said:
Can't decide now weather to stay in valencia or benidorm. Someone putting a coach on would make it easier. Will be 2 of us.

Castellon is better than both of them.

Some great information there Vitty.

One problem though, the game will finish about 22:55 local time, not 22:15. I really think trains are going to be a problem after the game. The Spanish are not the type to put on special trains for a couple of thousand Brits.

The only options I can see are either stay in Castellon for the night or if you are staying in Valencia/Benidorm get yourself booked onto one of the coaches. The game might seem a long time away but this is pretty important if you've booked to stay in Valencia or Benidorm.

dannybcity said:
Any recommendations as to what area of Valencia to stay in? Is there an Irish Pub that'll function as the meeting point (for a change)?

We stayed at a cracking little hotel called Hostal Penalty smack bang opposite Valencia's stadium.

There are two Irish pubs in Vlencia - one is shit and the other is class.

The good one is Finnegans, the shit one is the Dubliner.

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:29 pm --

dannybcity said:
cibaman said:
dannybcity said:
Any recommendations as to what area of Valencia to stay in? Is there an Irish Pub that'll function as the meeting point (for a change)?

There's an irish pub round the back of the cathedral. Cant remember its name.

Finnegans it is then.

We had a good laugh in Fnnegan's last year when Valencia played United.

The locals were friendly and the service in the pub was quick.

They had two big screens so you could watch the other matches and the food was decent and not too dear.

It's a pretty big pub and you can fit a fair few people in. I think it closed about 4am in the end.<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:33 pm --<br /><br />
jay_mcfc said:

One problem though, the game will finish about 22:55 local time, not 22:15. I really think trains are going to be a problem after the game. The Spanish are not the type to put on special trains for a couple of thousand Brits.

The only options I can see are either stay in Castellon for the night or if you are staying in Valencia/Benidorm get yourself booked onto one of the coaches. The game might seem a long time away but this is pretty important if you've booked to stay in Valencia or Benidorm.

Ah you're right...got my maths wrong..ah well.

I still think you'll easily make the 23:59 departure from Castellon in a taxi.

Having done it before, I'd risk it.

When I last went to Villareal, I got a taxi outside the ground and was back in my hotel in Castellon before the programme showing the game on the local TV station had ended and the train station was just round the corner.

jay_mcfc said:

One problem though, the game will finish about 22:55 local time, not 22:15.
I think you are both wrong! It will finish at 22:35.

bluesmith said:
jay_mcfc said:

You've not factored in enough time wasting :)

hi im looking to get train from alicante to castellon on day of game. From what i could see there were only 2. 0ne arriving after dinner and one around 5 ish.just wondering if it would be better to pre book or just turn up on the day .any help with this decision would be appreciated.

xmusampa said:
hi im looking to get train from alicante to castellon on day of game. From what i could see there were only 2. 0ne arriving after dinner and one around 5 ish.just wondering if it would be better to pre book or just turn up on the day .any help with this decision would be appreciated.

If there are only 2 trains from Alicante to Castellon you can always get a train from Alicante to Valencia then from Valencia to Castellon easily enough. How are you planning on getting back or are you going to stay in Castellon?

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:24 pm --

bluesmith said:
jay_mcfc said:

Yeah you're right actually, will finish at about 22:40.<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:28 pm --<br /><br />The main areas to stay in Valencia are El Carmen (nightlife/bohemian) and near the Plaza de Reina (where Finnegans is). They're both only separated by a 10 min walk. To be honest though there are lots of nice little areas in Valencia and many bars and restaurants.

vitty said:
dannybcity said:

We stayed at a cracking little hotel called Hostal Penalty smack bang opposite Valencia's stadium.

There are two Irish pubs in Vlencia - one is shit and the other is class.

The good one is Finnegans, the shit one is the Dubliner.

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:29 pm --

dannybcity said:
cibaman said:
There's an irish pub round the back of the cathedral. Cant remember its name.

Finnegans it is then.

We had a good laugh in Fnnegan's last year when Valencia played United.

The locals were friendly and the service in the pub was quick.

They had two big screens so you could watch the other matches and the food was decent and not too dear.

It's a pretty big pub and you can fit a fair few people in. I think it closed about 4am in the end.

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:33 pm --

jay_mcfc said:

Ah you're right...got my maths wrong..ah well.

I still think you'll easily make the 23:59 departure from Castellon in a taxi.

Having done it before, I'd risk it.

When I last went to Villareal, I got a taxi outside the ground and was back in my hotel in Castellon before the programme showing the game on the local TV station had ended and the train station was just round the corner.

Were travelling from Barca and staying in Castellon after the game. Sounds like the best idea, what time do bars stay open until in Castellon roughly?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.