Villareal

I think the bars will open as late as you want them to in all honesty, especially if you can contact one beforehand. I'm pretty certain Finnegans in Valencia will be open until 4ish unless there is a problem with residents because it's a Wednesday. I'm sure all will be well though

Arrive Alicante early Wednesday! I have a booking in Castellon and then plan was to go back to Beni till Saturday! Sounds like a few coaches going from Beni now so might just set up camp there!

thanks jaymcfc for input we will be staying over after the match at the mindoro hotel in castellon as in worst case scenario we could probably walk back from ground.its only the train between alicante and castellon that i think could be a problem.do they fill up or are the spanish happy to cram people on theses trains?

xmusampa said:
thanks jaymcfc for input we will be staying over after the match at the mindoro hotel in castellon as in worst case scenario we could probably walk back from ground.its only the train between alicante and castellon that i think could be a problem.do they fill up or are the spanish happy to cram people on theses trains?

Villareal is about 8km from Castellon so a walk is out of the question.

For anyone staying in Castellon there IS good news. The train that leaves Villareal to Castellon is at approximately 23:30 so you will have plenty of time to get there. Other than that a taxi will be no more than €15 but I don't know how many there will be.

Painters Radio said:
Were travelling from Barca and staying in Castellon after the game. Sounds like the best idea, what time do bars stay open until in Castellon roughly?

On weeknights..not very late.

But there are a few of them that stay open til 2am ish.

All the hotels have bars that stay open until the last people leave. The best bet is just to pick a hotel bar and invite everyone there....the Vinci Hotel has a decent bar.

-- Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:09 am --

jay_mcfc said:
I think the bars will open as late as you want them to in all honesty, especially if you can contact one beforehand. I'm pretty certain Finnegans in Valencia will be open until 4ish unless there is a problem with residents because it's a Wednesday. I'm sure all will be well though

Finnegans will open til about 4am.

It's in the main square so noone lives there.

You've got to weigh up the pros and cons:

Valencia: Bars open late, but an hour-long coach journey after the game might kill the vibe.

Castellon: Not many bars open late, but some do and you can be back there half an hour after the full-time whistle.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:11 am --<br /><br />
jay_mcfc said:
xmusampa said:

For anyone staying in Castellon there IS good news. The train that leaves Villareal to Castellon is at approximately 23:30 so you will have plenty of time to get there. Other than that a taxi will be no more than €15 but I don't know how many there will be.

Loads of taxis waiting outside the ground after the game.

And, from what I know, the vast majority of Villareal fans live within walking distance of the ground or they drive.

When I went to Villareal with Rangers police ensured there was a special train back to Valencia from Villareal after game,train left at 1130pm,it will be the same for sure,walk to station is short as town is very small indeed. match tickets will be readily availiable in villareal the locals will sell you them.no problem.

Vitty: In Plaza de Reina there are plenty of residents living there in apartments, even above Finnegans. Don't think it will be a problem though, it is Spain after all and keeping people awake at all hours seems to be the way it is.

craigsteel: If that's right about them running a train at 23:30 then that's great news. I have to say I had my doubts the Spanish would do such a thing. As discussed before the train station is about 25min walk from the ground despite it being a small town and I guess by 23:30 the coaches will be well on the way to being back in Valencia by then.

vitty said:
Painters Radio said:
Were travelling from Barca and staying in Castellon after the game. Sounds like the best idea, what time do bars stay open until in Castellon roughly?

On weeknights..not very late.

But there are a few of them that stay open til 2am ish.

All the hotels have bars that stay open until the last people leave. The best bet is just to pick a hotel bar and invite everyone there....the Vinci Hotel has a decent bar.

-- Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:09 am --

jay_mcfc said:

Finnegans will open til about 4am.

It's in the main square so noone lives there.

You've got to weigh up the pros and cons:

Valencia: Bars open late, but an hour-long coach journey after the game might kill the vibe.

Castellon: Not many bars open late, but some do and you can be back there half an hour after the full-time whistle.

-- Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:11 am --

jay_mcfc said:
xmusampa said:

Loads of taxis waiting outside the ground after the game.

And, from what I know, the vast majority of Villareal fans live within walking distance of the ground or they drive.

Ok cheers for the heads up, def gonna stay in Castellon as need to travel back to Barca on the Thursday anyway

Thanks for the info Castellon jay and vitty. Will be staying at the Doña Lola on Ribalta Park. No bar by the looks of it, so will be looking elsewhere for after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.